Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects(#14)

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
1. C Scott Laughton(77.36%)
2. D Samuel Morin(59.70%)
3. D Robert Hagg(69.74%)
4. D Shayne Gostisbehere(66.30%)
5. G Anthony Stolarz(48.15%)
6. C Nick Cousins(77.22%)
7. RW Petr Straka(39.17%)
8. LW Tye McGinn(63.33%)
9. C/RW Jason Akeson(28.28%)
10. D Mark Alt(36.36%)
11. LW Marcel Noebels(45.31%)
12. D Oliver Lauridsen(40.38%)
13. LW Taylor Leier(36.84%)

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
No clue at this point, but threw a bone to MAB, because we know he can be a 6-7 guy in the NHL if healthy.

After him, it'll be some conglomeration of Larsson, Wilcox, Konan, Parks, and Goulbourne for me. And maybe Johnston because I'm rooting for the kid.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Voted vasiliev. He's 19 and I think is playing in the khl. I think he has the skill but its a matter if he comes over.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I went with Mathers. The kid really wants to be a pro. I saw a interview he did and I was really impressed with him when he captained the Petes. Good Luck kid.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I went with Manning he's the only one left that I think might make something out of himself at the next level.

It's pretty much a dart board from here on out although Mathers & Goulbourne have better chances to make the NHL from the remaining guys but that has more to with their pugilistic skills than their actual talents.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You must all love Flanagan more than you do!!! I'm ordering you to!

Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan Flanagan

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Outside of Laughton, Haag, and Morin (and Ghost depending on who you talk to), most of the Flyers prospects are pretty low-end. Mostly bottom-line, bottom-pair, fringe NHLers.

Honestly though, overall, compared to other teams, we arent that bad. I think there is a HUGE misconception where our pipline sucks and everyone else has great ones. Other then a few teams that have sucked constently the past few years and built it up, most teams have 3-4 real good prospects, a few projects, a few raw players, and a few low ceiling/AHL guys.

Not saying we are the top prospect team, but I also dont think we are the worse.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Honestly though, overall, compared to other teams, we arent that bad. I think there is a HUGE misconception where our pipline sucks and everyone else has great ones. Other then a few teams that have sucked constently the past few years and built it up, most teams have 3-4 real good prospects, a few projects, a few raw players, and a few low ceiling/AHL guys.

Not saying we are the top prospect team, but I also dont think we are the worse.

Not to mention the number of players already in the NHL under the age of 25. Prospect pool is definitely impacted by guys like Couturier/B.Schenn already being in the NHL and no longer being considered prospects.

The "low quality" of our system is certainly impacted by a decade of trading too many picks, but the situation is rapidly improving.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

I agree. This organization is starting to stockpile some talent and hopefully some of these kids pan out and make the big club one day.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
There are still only one or two prospect pools that I wouldn't trade ours for, New Jersey and maybe Vancouver.

Sharks? Avs have MacKinnon but after that really nothing. Canes? The Rangers also arent basking in prospect greatness.

I do think the Flyers having a "****** prospect line" is as overblown as the RedWings get credit for drafting. Well maybe not as bad but still pretty bad.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
There are still only one or two prospect pools that I wouldn't trade ours for, New Jersey and maybe Vancouver.

Prospect pools are as overrated as the pseudo-mythical "elite" goaltender. It's all BS.

Truth is that you'd be hard-pressed to find many 25 & under teams that you would move the Flyers' 25 & under roster for.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Sharks? Avs have MacKinnon but after that really nothing. Canes? The Rangers also arent basking in prospect greatness.

I do think the Flyers having a "****** prospect line" is as overblown as the RedWings get credit for drafting. Well maybe not as bad but still pretty bad.

I'd trade our entire prospect pool for MacKinnon. As for the Sharks, I'd take Hertl over Laughton, Mueller is about the same as Morin, Nieto is better than Cousins, then there's O'Regan, Tennyson, Abeltshauser...

Canes: Lindholm>Laughton, Murphy>Morin. Rangers have Kreider, Miller, Kristo, Fasth which is way better than our forwards, and McIlrath and Skjei on D. I'd definitely take them over ours.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'd trade our entire prospect pool for MacKinnon.

Easily, easily. Lets see what we got. Laughton who projects to be at best a good second line two-way center. And potential top 4 d-man. And a raw 6-7 defensemen. Then all we have is some wildcards and some fringe NHLers.

Hell, I'd probably trade our entire prospect pool for Drouin or maybe Seth Jones and a young winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00