7. RW Petr Straka(39.17%)
8. LW Tye McGinn(63.33%)
9. C/RW Jason Akeson(28.28%)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Bourdon. If he didn't get a hurt I think he'd be pushing for a roster spot in the near future.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
If Bourdon didn't get hurt he wouldn't be on this list right now.

I tend to agree with this. MAB can be an effective bottom pairing guy who can fill in short term for an injured player in the top four. Provided he recovers from the concsussion fully, of course.

I think Alt will get his chance, but I can't see him doing much with it. He hasn't exactly come all that far from his draft day. I don't see him being anything more than a top AHL guy who occasionally sees NHL time.

I picked Noebels, though. I just think he's going to be a solid bottom six guy. I'm excited to see him have a full year in the AHL. After him, I'd vote MAB, then Leier, then Alt.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
went with Alt. He is definitely a intriguing prospect no doubt. Want to see what he can do with a full year of pro hockey in the AHL.
I did almost select Noebels. He is probably my next pick.

i really cant get myself to pick Bourdon anywhere on this list. Not that I dont have hopes for him, I do but hes going to be 24 this season. The time for him being a "prospect" as passed IMO

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Does that mean you think he would be a Flyers regular or you think he'd have been traded?

Probably just that he would've played more then 45 NHL games and we wouldn't consider him a prospect anymore, kinda like Gus and his 60 NHL games. This is actually why I'm not voting for him. IMO 15 games isn't a big enough difference. If you're gonna consider MAB a prospect then Gus should be as well so I'm just gonna pretend he's not there. :laugh:

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Alt was thought to be a two-way defenseman when draft eligible. It appears he's turned into a more defensive defensemen who can skate, has size and is technically sound. To me, this kid could definitely develop into a Scuderi-type defenseman who helps you win games.

I just don't see regression in his college days. I see a kid who was asked to play the difficult defensive minutes as a Junior. Struggled initially with the assignment, then had a very, very good second half of his Junior Season and Senior Year in that role.

His case for a return to strong prospect status is every bit as good as, but far less flashy than, Straka's because he excelled in the role he was asked to play by his coach. Just because that role worked against his abilities to meet his draft billing by hindering his ability to put up offensive numbers that shouldn't diminish his value too badly.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Probably just that he would've played more then 45 NHL games and we wouldn't consider him a prospect anymore, kinda like Gus and his 60 NHL games. This is actually why I'm not voting for him. IMO 15 games isn't a big enough difference. If you're gonna consider MAB a prospect then Gus should be as well so I'm just gonna pretend he's not there. :laugh:

I didn't realize there was a cutoff. I figured Gus wasn't on the list because he is on the Flyers.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Noebels, I see him reaching an NHL 3rd line and having a better chance at staying there than Alt cracking an NHL lineup and staying.

I do agree though, Alt is VERY intriguing. Going Noebels again though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad