Prospect Info: Top 20 Chicago Blackhawk Prospects - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
The #5 prospect poll was the biggest spread we have had since the #1 poll. Our winner, taking 56.76% of the vote (21/37 votes) is none other than the feisty, agitating, skilled forward and a Blackhawks fan since he was a kid...

Ryan Hartman
8ea8bf95df07d080a138187d0937064e.jpg

Who is our #6?

#1 - Teuvo Teravainen (100%)
#2 - Jeremy Morin (36.36%)
#3 - Adam Clendening (41.54%)
#4 - Stephen Johns (36.51%)
#5 - Ryan Hartman (56.76%)
#6 -
#7 -
#8 -
#9 -
#10 -
#11 -
#12 -
#13 -
#14 -
#15 -
#16 -
#17 -
#18 -
#19 -
#20 -

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
It's a tough call between Dahlbeck and Schmaltz. Went with Dahlbeck because of his pro experience and he may be a Hawk pretty soon. But if we're talking about talent, then it's Schmaltz.

After them I'm going with Hayden.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I go with the hightest upside left. That's Schmaltz.

I like the depth we have when guys like Hayden, Motte, Danault and McNeill aren't even talked about at #6.
All guys that made the WJC Team or are in talks to make it having a good chance

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think we can just put Dahlbeck and Schmaltz at 6a and 6b and move on to #8.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don't get what everyone's deal is with Schmaltz. He is a really, really good player. From Pronman, to HF giving him a 7D to these boards, everyone seems down on him for no reason other than he's going to college.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I don't get what everyone's deal is with Schmaltz. He is a really, really good player. From Pronman, to HF giving him a 7D to these boards, everyone seems down on him for no reason other than he's going to college.

It's a little more complex than that, for most. Most are down on him simply because he's a bit undersized and has a habit of being lazy and lackadaisical without the puck. Neither of those are completely damning as, for one, it's not like he's tiny, and similarly sized players with his skating ability and skill set are thriving in this league, one major one being a certain current Blackhawk we all know very well. Two, the other stuff is really attitude/effort related, which is within control to improve. That's really why more on the outside have concerns, it really doesn't have anything to do with going to college or not. Most realize and agree that he's not going to be a four-year college guy.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It's a little more complex than that, for most. Most are down on him simply because he's a bit undersized and has a habit of being lazy and lackadaisical without the puck. Neither of those are completely damning as, for one, it's not like he's tiny, and similarly sized players with his skating ability and skill set are thriving in this league, one major one being a certain current Blackhawk we all know very well. Two, the other stuff is really attitude/effort related, which is within control to improve. That's really why more on the outside have concerns, it really doesn't have anything to do with going to college or not. Most realize and agree that he's not going to be a four-year college guy.

He's not small. He's 6 feet tall. He'll be 190lb by the time he leaves NoDak. Anyways, guys like Fabbri are ratings darlings and are legitimately small.

Never heard anything bad about his attitude, his effort is a concern, sure, but enough to drop him 70 spots in Pronman's top 100 or 6 spots in our prospect rankings?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He's not small. He's 6 feet tall. He'll be 190lb by the time he leaves NoDak. Anyways, guys like Fabbri are ratings darlings and are legitimately small.

Never heard anything bad about his attitude, his effort is a concern, sure, but enough to drop him 70 spots in Pronman's top 100 or 6 spots in our prospect rankings?

He's listed at 6'...I don't think he's actually that tall.

As for attitude, was morphing that more with the effort/laziness on the ice which some consider one in the same. Have heard nothing of him being a problem, bad teammate, anything of the sort. Should've been more clear about that on my end. Wasn't saying I agreed with either of those rankings at all, just merely giving reasons that some have for their reservations about him as a prospect. Personally, his size doesn't worry me at all, because like I said, it's not like he's tiny, and he will fill out a bit. Combining that with his quickness, intelligence, and lower body strength, I think he will be fine as far as that goes.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I just don't get the Schmaltz fallout. There is just 0 hype surrounding him. He played really really well at prospect camp, then again at WJC camp but nothing. He seems like he's an enigma to all these evaluators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad