Prospect Info: Top 20 Chicago Blackhawk Prospects - #18

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Winning the #17 ranked Blackhawks prospect with 32.14% of the votes was F Garrett Ross
i

Who's #18?

#1 - Teuvo Teravainen (100%)
#2 - Jeremy Morin (36.36%)
#3 - Adam Clendening (41.54%)
#4 - Stephen Johns (36.51%)
#5 - Ryan Hartman (56.76%)
#6 - Nick Schmaltz (47.73%)
#7 - Klas Dahlbeck (69.05%)
#8 - Phillip Danault (44.68%)
#9 - Mark McNeill (50%)
#10 - John Hayden (62.5%)
#11 - Antti Raanta (28.57%)
#12 - David Rundblad (46.15%)
#13 - Vince Hinostroza (44.00%)
#14 - Joakim Nordstrom (53.85%)
#15 - Dillon Fournier (35.29%)
#16 - Trevor Van Riemsdyk (22.73%)
#17 - Garrett Ross (32.14%)
#18 -
#19 -
#20 -

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Poll added. Obviously things are skewed since the Nick Leddy trade. Pokka would certainly be somewhere in the 2-6 range...probably #2.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Motte.

Poll added. Obviously things are skewed since the Nick Leddy trade. Pokka would certainly be somewhere in the 2-6 range...probably #2.
I disagree but as Hawknut said, time will tell. After having time to digest the trade, Im closer to Hawknuts valuation of Pokka.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Motte.

I disagree but as Hawknut said, time will tell. After having time to digest the trade, Im closer to Hawknuts valuation of Pokka.

Sorry I'm not familiar with Hawknut's views on this. You don't think Pokka would be one of our top 6 prospects?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Sorry I'm not familiar with Hawknut's views on this. You don't think Pokka would be one of our top 6 prospects?
Perhaps. Time will tell. I dont suscribe to Pronmans valuation.

Hes 6'0 190 or there abouts. Not a pmd as far as I can tell. Reports say skating needs improvement which Leddy obviously did not have. Looking like Clendening perhaps. Outlet pass with good defense. Looks to have solid defense. But for that size, youd expect a pmd and not a STH dman. Hawks have several STH dmen in the que with more optimal size.

Right now I would expect Pokka to be slotted behind Clendening and Johns at RD. Johns should get promoted latest by next year. Clendening, who knows. So that would move Pokka up to 2nd line RD.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Perhaps. Time will tell. I dont suscribe to Pronmans valuation.

Hes 6'0 190 or there abouts. Not a pmd as far as I can tell. Reports say skating needs improvement which Leddy obviously did not have. Looking like Clendening perhaps. Outlet pass with good defense. Looks to have solid defense. But for that size, youd expect a pmd and not a STH dman. Hawks have several STH dmen in the que with more optimal size.

Right now I would expect Pokka to be slotted behind Clendening and Johns at RD. Johns should get promoted latest by next year. Clendening, who knows. So that would move Pokka up to 2nd line RD.

I've heard Pokka has better positioning and hockey IQ then either Clendening or Johns. He's definitely a better prospect then either of those players at the moment (even though they may see the NHL sooner). You have to stop listening to Hawknut: everything he says is fabricated nonsense.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I've heard Pokka has better positioning and hockey IQ then either Clendening or Johns. He's definitely a better prospect then either of those players at the moment (even though they may see the NHL sooner).
Where exactly did you hear this making a comparison to Clendening or Johns.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Where exactly did you hear this making a comparison to Clendening or Johns.

His positioning and IQ are why industry insiders like Corey Pronman consider him to be our second highest prospect. We all know he isn't all too physical or has a good sense of speed, so the difference between Pokka and our other D prospects comes down to positioning and IQ (both qualities have been pointed out in prospect articles about him). Thus, if he is considered a better prospect then either Clendening or Johns, yet lacks the speed of Clendening or the physicality of Johns, his other attributes must be considered higher to account for his ranking among prospects.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
His positioning and IQ are why industry insiders like Corey Pronman consider him to be our second highest prospect. We all know he isn't all too physical or has a good sense of speed, so the difference between Pokka and our other D prospects comes down to positioning and IQ (both qualities have been pointed out in prospect articles about him). Thus, if he is considered a better prospect then either Clendening or Johns, yet lacks the speed of Clendening or the physicality of Johns, his other attributes must be considered higher to account for his ranking among prospects.
If then argument. Ok.

Retail1LO*

So...our 16th rated prospect may be on our opening night roster, but not our 3, 4, 7, or 15th...all at the same position. lol Sounds about right.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So...our 16th rated prospect may be on our opening night roster, but not our 3, 4, 7, or 15th...all at the same position. lol Sounds about right.

Kind of funny seeing this because of how good TVR has played.

Also, this has to change now with Pokka right? Obviously can't go back and change it, but where is he? No. 2?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

I hate to be Capt. Obvious, but that's probably an indictment on our talent evaluating, although on our behalf we didn't see much of TvR before voting those other d-men above him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad