Top 16 mock draft assuming no trades

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This is my top 16 mock draft assuming no trades. Will factor both BPA and needs into the discussion.

1. Chicago Blackhawks: Conor Bedard (No need to explain).
2. Anaheim Ducks: Adam Fantilli (I know there's a debate between Michkov or Fantilli since Zegras can play Center, and the Ducks are still a few years from competing. I just think Center is the more important position, and moving Zegras to wing with Fantilli is better than having Michkov on the wings with Zegras as a center).
3. Columbus Blue Jackets: Leo Carlsson (Fits a need for a center prospect. Carlsson has a higher floor and is a more complete player than the Fresh Prince).
4. San Jose Sharks: Billiam Smith (San Jose actually has the means to wait a few years for Michkov to come, but San Jose also needs a game-changing Center. I think Smith is a perfect fit for the Sharks).
5. Montreal Canadiens: Matvei Michkov (Finally Canadiens will take the BPA. Yes, a Suzuki-Dvorsky mix would be a great 1-2 C combo, but I think Michkov has far too much skill to pass up at this point as the BPA. Montreal can afford to wait for his arrival as well).
6. Arizona Coyotes: Ryan Leonard (I was debating between Reinbacher, Benson, and Leonard. Reinbacher fits a need, but at the same time isn't the BPA in this scenario, and I think Leonard would be elite with Cooley).
7. Philadelphia Flyers: Zach Benson (Flyers don't have any game-breaking talent on their team nor in their system, and Benson has the potential to be that. Flyers definitely go for BPA here).
8. Washington Capitals: Dalibor Dvorsky (At this point the BPA isn't as great as the needs and it can be argued Dvorsky is the BPA. Having a Center that can be Kopitar in the future is a huge plus for the Capitals).
9. Detroit Red Wings: Matthew Wood (Red Wings would love a high-end winger to play with Larkin and I feel Wood fits here. His speed might be an issue, but he's great in pretty much all other areas, and can be compensated with a speedy mobile group).
10. St. Louis Blues: Oliver Moore (Debating between Reinbacher and Moore. I think Moore can step in faster and I feel the Blues are going more for a re-tool rather than a rebuild. Moore also gives the Blues much needed Center depth and has an excellent speed for the group).
11. Vancouver Canucks: David Reinbacher (At this point the high end Centers are pretty much gone and Canucks have an abundance of wingers in the system. I see them going for need over BPA in Reinbacher).
12. Arizona Coyotes: Mikhail Gulyayev (With their game-breaking forward talent established, I see the Coyotes going for a elite offensive mobile Dman in Gulyayev).
13. Buffalo Sabres: Axel Sandin-Pelikka (Would love for him to fall to the Flames pick, but unfortunately I don't see it happening. Sabres could use some RHD depth and prospects and ASP would be excellent with their talented youth).
14. Pittsburgh Penguins: Gabe Perreault (Pittsburgh goes for BPA with an elite offensive winger).
15. Nashville Predators: Nate Danielson (It was hard in this field ngl. I could see them going for a more higher offensive potential player in Sale, or a natural scorer like Barlow. But I think Nashville wants a good transition, defensive Center in Danielson).
16. Calgary Flames: Eduard Sale (Sale is the BPA here imho. Has a ton of offensive potential and is ridiculously fast and good in transition).

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Kid-thumbs-up-computer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
This is my top 16 mock draft assuming no trades. Will factor both BPA and needs into the discussion.

1. Chicago Blackhawks: Conor Bedard (No need to explain).
2. Anaheim Ducks: Adam Fantilli (I know there's a debate between Michkov or Fantilli since Zegras can play Center, and the Ducks are still a few years from competing. I just think Center is the more important position, and moving Zegras to wing with Fantilli is better than having Michkov on the wings with Zegras as a center).
3. Columbus Blue Jackets: Leo Carlsson (Fits a need for a center prospect. Carlsson has a higher floor and is a more complete player than the Fresh Prince).
4. San Jose Sharks: Billiam Smith (San Jose actually has the means to wait a few years for Michkov to come, but San Jose also needs a game-changing Center. I think Smith is a perfect fit for the Sharks).
5. Montreal Canadiens: Matvei Michkov (Finally Canadiens will take the BPA. Yes, a Suzuki-Dvorsky mix would be a great 1-2 C combo, but I think Michkov has far too much skill to pass up at this point as the BPA. Montreal can afford to wait for his arrival as well).
6. Arizona Coyotes: Ryan Leonard (I was debating between Reinbacher, Benson, and Leonard. Reinbacher fits a need, but at the same time isn't the BPA in this scenario, and I think Leonard would be elite with Cooley).
7. Philadelphia Flyers: Zach Benson (Flyers don't have any game-breaking talent on their team nor in their system, and Benson has the potential to be that. Flyers definitely go for BPA here).
8. Washington Capitals: Dalibor Dvorsky (At this point the BPA isn't as great as the needs and it can be argued Dvorsky is the BPA. Having a Center that can be Kopitar in the future is a huge plus for the Capitals).
9. Detroit Red Wings: Matthew Wood (Red Wings would love a high-end winger to play with Larkin and I feel Wood fits here. His speed might be an issue, but he's great in pretty much all other areas, and can be compensated with a speedy mobile group).
10. St. Louis Blues: Oliver Moore (Debating between Reinbacher and Moore. I think Moore can step in faster and I feel the Blues are going more for a re-tool rather than a rebuild. Moore also gives the Blues much needed Center depth and has an excellent speed for the group).
11. Vancouver Canucks: David Reinbacher (At this point the high end Centers are pretty much gone and Canucks have an abundance of wingers in the system. I see them going for need over BPA in Reinbacher).
12. Arizona Coyotes: Mikhail Gulyayev (With their game-breaking forward talent established, I see the Coyotes going for a elite offensive mobile Dman in Gulyayev).
13. Buffalo Sabres: Axel Sandin-Pelikka (Would love for him to fall to the Flames pick, but unfortunately I don't see it happening. Sabres could use some RHD depth and prospects and ASP would be excellent with their talented youth).
14. Pittsburgh Penguins: Gabe Perreault (Pittsburgh goes for BPA with an elite offensive winger).
15. Nashville Predators: Nate Danielson (It was hard in this field ngl. I could see them going for a more higher offensive potential player in Sale, or a natural scorer like Barlow. But I think Nashville wants a good transition, defensive Center in Danielson).
16. Calgary Flames: Eduard Sale (Sale is the BPA here imho. Has a ton of offensive potential and is ridiculously fast and good in transition).
Rather have the two picks after Wood.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Not a Vancouver fan but they'd likely be thrilled with Reinbacher at 11 given their atrocious RD situation in the organization.

Reactions: JellyRamp

spfan

May 4, 2009
If Reinbacher isn't there @ 12th, then I can see the Coyotes taking Danielson.
Danielson is good, but ARI already have middle 6 Centers in Hayton and Geekie. They should take a bigger swing I'd say.(but ASP over Gulyayev)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Danielson is good, but ARI already have middle 6 Centers in Hayton and Geekie. They should take a bigger swing I'd say.(but ASP over Gulyayev)
Can always move over to RW, and I'm not convinced that Geekie will be a center.
Geekie McBain Danielson would make a decent future line...
IMO a D @ 12th pick would be a reach!

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I saw Billiam Smith at 4 and I almost turned on the flame thrower Lol. My slow ass was like “Who the hell is Billiam?!” Love the Bill reference though. I shall call him Billiam this day forth.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Can always move over to RW, and I'm not convinced that Geekie will be a center.
Geekie McBain Danielson would make a decent future line...
IMO a D @ 12th pick would be a reach!
Danielson doesn't have the highest of upside too.
If ASP or Reinbacher are available at 12, it wouldn't be a reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad