TV: Top 15 Survivor Players Ever - #2

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
This is a continued poll from @Pavel Buchnevich 's Post.

#1 - Tony Vlachos

On the docket
Rob Mariano
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Parvati Shallow
Sarah Lacina
Earl Cole
Tyson Apostol
Kim Spradlin-Wolfe
Richard Hatch
John Cochrane
Brian Heidik
Natalie Anderson
Jeremy Collins

To Add:
Russell Hantz (1)
Sophie Clarke
Todd Herzog (1)
Ethan Zohn
Denise Stapley (1)
Cirie Fields
Ozzy Lusth
Mike Holloway
Rob Cesterino
Michelle Fitzgerald
Yul Kwon
Wendell Holland
JT Thomas
Tina Wesson
Tom Westman
Nick Wilson
Fabio Birza
Adam Klein
Amber Brkich
Malcolm Freberg

Vote for who should be added, and who you think is the second best.

Voted Parvati and add Denise

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I voted for Boston Rob. He plays bully ball, but it's successful, makes others uncomfortable and it gets loyalty for him or reveals who isn't loyal to him.

Add Russell Hantz. I think he's better than a number of winners. He should've won twice, but the jury was bitter both times.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Voted Brian, he dominated and controlled his entire season and never had a vote cast against him. He also came up with the strategy of bringing a goat to the final two.

Add Todd Herzog

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think Earl played a nearly flawless game, it's tough to vote for a one-time player but I feel like we've seen so much of players like Sandra and Rob that their flaws are really starting to show.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Voted Brian, he dominated and controlled his entire season and never had a vote cast against him. He also came up with the strategy of bringing a goat to the final two.

Add Todd Herzog
Brian was great but jury votes were super close that year. Only unanimous jury votes in Survivor history have been:

Earl (only season played)
J.T. (finished 10th and 16th in his other seasons)
Cochran (finished 8th in his first season)
Jeremy (finished 10th in his first season, 8th in Winners at War)
Adam (finished 12th in Winners at War)

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I think Earl played a nearly flawless game, it's tough to vote for a one-time player but I feel like we've seen so much of players like Sandra and Rob that their flaws are really starting to show.

Yau Man would have beaten Earl if he made the final 3. I'm not even sure if Earl gets one vote against Yau Man if they went head to head in final tribal.

So when I think of great players, I think of players who would've beaten anyone in their season. Nobody could touch Todd Herzog, Kim Spradlin in their respective seasons as an example

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I voted for Boston Rob. He plays bully ball, but it's successful, makes others uncomfortable and it gets loyalty for him or reveals who isn't loyal to him.

Add Russell Hantz. I think he's better than a number of winners. He should've won twice, but the jury was bitter both times.
His Samoa game was better then HVV Parvati played just as well as Russell in HVV and everyone in that season watched Micronesia which made her a bigger target the whole season.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His Samoa game was better then HVV Parvati played just as well as Russell in HVV and everyone in that season watched Micronesia which made her a bigger target the whole season.

Samoa was ridiculous. The winner didn’t even play well. It was completely anti-Russell. I still think Russell should’ve won HVV, but he wasn’t the only finalist that season that played well.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Samoa was ridiculous. The winner didn’t even play well. It was completely anti-Russell. I still think Russell should’ve won HVV, but he wasn’t the only finalist that season that played well.
If Cagayan happened before Samoa i don't think someone like Natalie white gets any votes from a jury and Sandra probably doesn't gets vote's from player's like Amanda or Candice.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

phreak

Dec 23, 2014
Brian was great but jury votes were super close that year. Only unanimous jury votes in Survivor history have been:

Earl (only season played)
J.T. (finished 10th and 16th in his other seasons)
Cochran (finished 8th in his first season)
Jeremy (finished 10th in his first season, 8th in Winners at War)
Adam (finished 12th in Winners at War)

The thing about Brian was that he knew he had 4 votes locked up already so he knew he didn't even have to bother to try for the jury votes of the other 3. That's how much he has his finger on the pulse of the game.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
The thing about Brian was that he knew he had 4 votes locked up already so he knew he didn't even have to bother to try for the jury votes of the other 3. That's how much he has his finger on the pulse of the game.
I don't think the Helen vote was a lock given how much she valued Brian being a "good guy" before her blindside. The others were easily locks though.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not sure how Parvati is winning this.

If she wasn't a dime her flirting with every guy on the Island would have never worked.

She's top 10, but 2? Not close.

The answer is Rob. Maybe his game play didn't evolve 15 year later(like none of the old school players) but he was the mastermind of the show the first 10 years before they started throwing 50x idols in each season.

Add Hantz.

phreak

Dec 23, 2014
Not sure how Parvati is winning this.

If she wasn't a dime her flirting with every guy on the Island would have never worked.

She's top 10, but 2? Not close.

The answer is Rob. Maybe his game play didn't evolve 15 year later(like none of the old school players) but he was the mastermind of the show the first 10 years before they started throwing 50x idols in each season.

Add Hantz.

Rob is easily one of the most overrated players. His win in redemption island was gifted by production. And he almost lost. He would have lost if he would have brought literally any other two players but Natalie and Philip. He was okay in all stars but he had zero target coming in an it made it much easier for him to get to the end much like Sarah Lacina in Game Changers and Jeremy Collins in Second Chances. Overall, Rob's jury management is awful much like Russel Hantz. They are both good players but neither sniff the top 10.

Reactions: Glenn Isildur Healy

phreak

Dec 23, 2014
Cirie “i’m scared of a leaf” Fields?

yikes

Cirie wins FvF if there was not a F2 twist. Her making it as far as she did in Game Changers being such a huge threat is remarkable. The fact, that she would have finished 4th if it wasn't for advantageddon is even more remarkable. So yes, definitely add Cirie. I'm not sure where I'd personally rank her since there are many good players to choose from but anyone who doesn't think there is a good argument for putting her in the top 10 probably knows very little about Survivor.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I was thinking of running a bracketed tournament for the most impressive single-season performances in Survivor history. 40 winning seasons included and then probably round it out with players that played really well but didn't win. Is there enough interest for that?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Kim Spradlin is the 2nd best player ever
I don't know how she got so overlooked
She was constantly on the bottom/scrambling in Winners at War. There are also questions about her level of competition in her winning season. I still think it's an all-time great performance, but those are the questions.

phreak

Dec 23, 2014
I was thinking of running a bracketed tournament for the most impressive single-season performances in Survivor history. 40 winning seasons included and then probably round it out with players that played really well but didn't win. Is there enough interest for that?

This is a pretty good idea. Definitely interested.

phreak

Dec 23, 2014
She was constantly on the bottom/scrambling in Winners at War. There are also questions about her level of competition in her winning season. I still think it's an all-time great performance, but those are the questions.

This. Kim played one of the best social games in Survivor history. Her social game in One World is probably the best we've ever seen only rivaled by JTs in Tocantins. But she did it against one of the weakest casts of all time so you're always left wondering how much of it was due to that awful cast.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Credit to Yul but she was at the bottom at the very beginning because she was part of a "poker alliance" (due to external factor and not game play). Did she do anything wrong to put herself in that position? I think the answer is no. She was also a top 5 threat among all the winners so like Tony, she did an amazing job of staying low key pre-merge.

Post-Merge, you can see her start to play hard. We saw her multiple times being seemingly the most aware player out there that Tony was pulling covers over everyone. She tried to go head to head against Tony but didn't have the troops to pull it out at the end. She played a very solid game in Winners at War.

Combine that with One World, which is arguably the most dominant performance of all-time. How can anyone other than Tony top that? Yes, you can say her cast was weak but she can only play with what's given to her. What's amazing is that she dominated that season without even having to play an idol. She did it with her social and strategic game.

You can also list every other winner and put even more asterisks/questions around their victory.

Ex. Boston Rob - Enormous advantage being the season vet playing with a cast that rivals Kim's One World cast
Parvati - Without the twist of a final 2, does Parvati beat Cirie? If it's simply a twist like that, would we be talking about Cirie being the GOAT?
Sandra - Faced very strong casts but didn't dominate in the traditional way

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
If Cagayan happened before Samoa i don't think someone like Natalie white gets any votes from a jury and Sandra probably doesn't gets vote's from player's like Amanda or Candice.

The difference between Tony and Russell is that Tony has a social game. Russell may actually possess one of the worst social games witnessed

If you don't have a social game, you're not winning any season of survivor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad