Top 10 Toughest Bruins

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
....we want our captain and #1 D to be suspended?

not really I guess, but I never thought of Chara as a big bad enforcer and the reputation he has in MTL as being a goon really doesn`t fit. He is huge and plays good defense but he seems to be more of an intellect being able to speak 7 languages and all.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Chara can impose his will on any player in the league - but he doesn't need to. Remember when he tossed McCabe around like a ragdoll (back in OTT)?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
kessel77143953v3.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
not really I guess, but I never thought of Chara as a big bad enforcer and the reputation he has in MTL as being a goon really doesn`t fit. He is huge and plays good defense but he seems to be more of an intellect being able to speak 7 languages and all.

In a league of grown men, I'm sure there are about 5 guys players legit fear playing against and Chara is at the top of the list.

He is unpredictable. He goes from Rain Man to Mike Tyson in .2 seconds. That's scary ****.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

I just don't see the value in measuring toughness by number of suspensions. He's one of the most feared players in the league.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In a league of grown men, I'm sure there are about 5 guys players legit fear playing against and Chara is at the top of the list.

He is unpredictable. He goes from Rain Man to Mike Tyson in .2 seconds. That's scary ****.

Two years ago The Hockey News polled each of the 30 team 'enforcers' as to who the least wanted to square off with and toughest guy to fight. Only rule was you couldnt name somebody on your own team.

Guess who was voted # 1 ?

Thats right......Big Z.

For exact reason you state. They commented on that if he just wants to wrestle/difuse the situation...no biggie.
But if he's pissed....really pissed....to a man , they wanted no part of him.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I just don't see the value in measuring toughness by number of suspensions. He's one of the most feared players in the league.

I think its just the era of hockey we are in. He is tough for this current generation but mid 90`s and earlier I don`t think he would be one of the most feared. That generation had some real tough guys who ate nails for breakfast. A hab fan at my job just sent me their top 25 hab tough guys. I bet the brawls the Bruins had against these guys were insane.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/954322-20-toughest-fighters-in-montreal-canadiens-history/page/22

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Terry O'Reilly should be on the list... #4 was pretty tough as well. I guess it depends on what type of "toughness" you're talking about.

Not sure about Soupy, other than the fact that he can take a beating on a fairly regular basis. The broken leg thing a few years ago was epic...

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

A) Not all goons are tough guys. See David Koci, Jeff Odgers, Sandy Moger.
B) Not all tough guys are goons. See Cam Neely, Milan Lucic, etc.
C) WTH does intellect have to do with toughness? :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad