top 10 rookies that will HELP this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Top Ten rookies in importance to their club. This is not based on how many points they will have etc.

1. Alexander Ovechkin - The Caps have nothing else. Sorry Danius
2. Sidney Crosby - Marketability alone makes him an Auto #2 on my list.
3. Tomas Vanek - This kid is the real deal, he will lead Buffalo in goals.
4. Kari Lehtonen - Mike Dunham, puhlease, Lehts will Kari the Thrashers to the playoffs.
5. Jeff Carter - Should be a key contributer to the Flyers offense.
6. Brandon Bochenski - It looks like he will stick in Ottawa and play top 6.
7. Gilbert Brule - Not 100% sure if he'll stick, but if he does it will be for a reason.
8. Guy Latendresse - Hey I'm a Habs fan, he has to fit in somewhere, personally I want him to go back to junior for a year.
9. Jaroslav Balastik - An overage darkhorse, this first year NHLer has lead the Czech league in goal scoring for two years.
10. Dion Phanuef - The Flames have been waiting for him to arrive, now he has.

Honourable Mention
Mike Richards - Should be a key player on the Flyers
Getzlaf / Perry - One of these two should stick, if it was my choice, I'd keep both of them.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Zach Parise and Robert Nilsson should get consideration as well. Both might be important players on their respective teams this year.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Also Olesz has been skating on the Cats top line.
Perezhogin could be quite effective with some decent icetime.
Kesler should center the Nucks third line with decent wingers like Linden and Cooke.

X0ssbar

Unbiased Canadian said:
Top Ten rookies in importance to their club. This is not based on how many points they will have etc.

4. Kari Lehtonen - Mike Dunham, puhlease, Lehts will Kari the Thrashers to the playoffs.
7. Gilbert Brule - Not 100% sure if he'll stick, but if he does it will be for a reason.
8. Guy Latendresse - Hey I'm a Habs fan, he has to fit in somewhere, personally I want him to go back to junior for a year.
9. Jaroslav Balastik - An overage darkhorse, this first year NHLer has lead the Czech league in goal scoring for two years.

Honourable Mention
Getzlaf / Perry - One of these two should stick, if it was my choice, I'd keep both of them.

Really good list.

In addition to Brule, Balastik for the CBJs - Picard and Fritsche also have really good chances to make the team as rookies out of camp.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Eric Nystrom -- if he makes the team he will probably help the team greatly. He is at the age where rookie mistakes are less likely then a teenager dropping into the line up, and his leadership and hard nosed play are always as assest.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Top Shelf said:
Really good list.

In addition to Brule, Balastik for the CBJs - Picard and Fritsche also have really good chances to make the team as rookies out of camp.

Thanks man,

and the additions that other people have mentioned are all great as well.

Is it just me or is this the best rookie class we've seen in a long-long time.

The Unbiased Canadian

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
If Luc Bourdon makes the canucks roster and plays out his rookie year, he will be an impact player on defense.

Many have compared him to Phanuef, i.e Pierre Mcguire. He's equal to jovo in skating, and his play this preseason have overshadowed Phaneuf's own play. (one could make an argument that Phanuef may not be playing 100% as he already knows he's made the team) Bourdon is 2nd in team scoring, and is playing amazing defense. He may take Allen's minutes in the top 4.

Given both Phaneuf's and Bourdon's stellar play, I wouldn't be surprised if both belong on the top ten list.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Thomas Vanek
Kari Lehtonen
Dion Phanuef
Guiallemanesefanesss Latendresse (maybe...maybe)
Cory Perry (watch for him)
Luc Bourdon
Alexander Steen
Gilbert Brule (could make some noise in columbus)

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
Is it just me or is this the best rookie class we've seen in a long-long time.
Definitly, and it certainly helps considering no one could play in the NHL this year. Alot of these guys would have played last year for sure.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
If not for his injury, Kronwall would have been a top 3 in Detroit, and probably #2 behind Lidstrom by the end of the season. His injury really hurts Detroit's depth on D. Delmore might be our sixth defenseman now! But more likely it will be Rivers.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
its looking more and more like brule will stick with columbus. only thing left, imo is the contract. if they can get that done, i think he stays

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:

Honourable Mention

If Green sticks he could make a big impact on the Caps blueline.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
The Oilers are debating between Rita and Schremp for their last forward spot.

Whoever gets the nod will have a strong season and could score 15-15=30pts IMO.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Jussi Jokinen has all but cemented himself with the Stars, and theres a good chance he'll start out playing with Modano and Lehtinen. 20 goals isnt out of the question.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Svatos, Budaj, Wolski can all HELP the AVS but the question is will they.

Wolski still has to make the team

Svatos still needs to prove he can stay healthy

Budaj has to prove that the scouts right that he can be better then Abei down the road.

If these 3 do what they have to do, then these 3 will really help the AVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad