Top 10 non-NHLers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Who are, in your opinion, the top 10 players not currently playing in the NHL. This includes kids in the North American minor leagues, former NHLers in Europe, and overage prospects all over the world! In other words, who are the top 10 players who deserve to be in the NHL, but arent. :jump:

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Chistov
Hudler
Kallio
Kharitonov
Korolyuk
Kopitar
Kraft
Liv
Malkin
Morozov
Nummelin
Ryan
Schremp
Semin
Strbak
Yushkevich

more than ten, but i guess those are the best ones...

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Hmm, Kenny Jönsson, Marcus Ragnarsson and Jörgen Jönsson could all play in the NHL if they wanted to.

Christian Berglund is a guy who is performing really well in Schweiz and on the swedish national team. He's a guy for the NHL as well IMO.

Others:
Maxim Sushinsky
Vladimir Orszagh
Evgeny Malkin
Alexander Semin

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
As a Finn I'd have to say Kallio has no business on such a list. Post-concussion he's been a shadow of himself and plays softer than a marshmallow. Excellent technical skills, for sure, but not even close to the top-20 players of the russian league.

Malkin
Semin
Sushinsky
Kharitonov
Orszagh
K.Jönsson
Zinovjev
Berglund
Bartecko

are some names that come to mind...

Spooky371*

Two years ago I would say Mark Streit, but now..
He completly dominating Switz league..

And what the name of a Finnish player who try his shot at Nashville but that never work ? Hes always one of top 5 scorer in SM-Liiga..

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Karalahti is probably a top5 d-man not in NHL, if not for NHL's idiotic bible-thumping rehab program he would most likely still be playing in north-america.

Maithz

Spooky371 said:
Two years ago I would say Mark Streit, but now..
He completly dominating Switz league..

And what the name of a Finnish player who try his shot at Nashville but that never work ? Hes always one of top 5 scorer in SM-Liiga..

Ville Peltonen ? but actually he play in Swiss league for Lugano he try in SJ too drafted 3rd round 58th overall in 1993

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Pepper said:
Karalahti is probably a top5 d-man not in NHL, if not for NHL's idiotic bible-thumping rehab program he would most likely still be playing in north-america.

I could have understood them suspending him had he been using heroin again but the fact that he couldnt even have a couple of beers when he wanted to me is a joke. I guess after fuhr and probert and their battles they figured they had to toughen up the program. Would be nice to see him back in the NHL

Maithz

in nets , is Price could be consider ? I know he had a bad start with tricity but he had goals very well in his last games .

Transported Upstater

Best players outside of NHL...

If you are including Carey Price, I sincerely hope that is due to a misunderstanding or language problem, because I cannot imagine any other legitimate reasons for bringing him up.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
GOALTENDERS
Roman Cechmanek
Fredrik Norrena

DEFENSEMEN
Karel Rachunek
Jere Karalahti
Petteri Nummelin
Kenny Jonsson
Marcus Ragnarsson