Speculation: Top 10 Most Polarizing Maple Leafs 2021 Season

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
My personal top 10 players that interest me the most for 2021 season .
Now Matthews /Marner /JT dont cut it for me .I Expect solid work from all and Freddy Andersen doesnt either (talking a playoff list thats a different story) . So in order

01 MIKKO LEHINTEN
- no# 1 for me . will we finally see a good khl D come over and help this defense core
02 JACK CAMPBELL
- handful of games he looked good , i want to a much larger sample size than that
03 WAYNE SIMMONDS
- how will he rebound and can he bring the physical w/ some decent point production
04 RASMUS SANDIN
- is our best D prospect going to crack the line up and say "im here"
05 JOE THORNTON
- i just want to see this guy and his character in the blue & white
06 ALEX KERFOOT
- can Kerfoot be the pk'ing centre we badly need
07 NICK ROBERTSON
- what will this guy look like in his rookie year ( if he plays in nhl at all in 2021)
08 JUSTIN HOLL
- Justin Holl pre contract or post contract . Can keefe reel this guy back in
09 IYLA MIKHEYEV
- what will Mikheyev all settled in with a contract / after injury play like in his 2nd season .
10 MORGAN RIELLY
- didnt want to add rielly but i thought he had an awful year not so much pt wise but more decision making
i hope it was a one off bad year last season . Will he play with more pose

Who are your top 10 most interesting/curious / under the gun etc 2021 Toronto Maple Leaf players ?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Under the gun:

1. Andersen - If he plays like last year, he loses his starting spot going into FA- and we probably can't re-sign him either way.
2. Dermott - Decider if we're going to be letting him go in expansion.
3. Holl - I'm hoping he steps it up and goes in expansion over Dermott.
4. Lehtonen - UFA at seasons end.
5. Kerfoot - Gotta prove he's worth more than the depth players we're always grabbing. Full season without a broken face, I'm excited.
6. Mikheyev - bounce back to before his injury.
7. Campbell - See if he can take over for next year when Freddy ultimately leaves
8. Hyman - UFA at seasons end.
9. Rielly - Gotta decide what we're going to do with him in 2022-23, and a huge season could really help us decide

Nobody else I'd really consider "under the gun", and Hyman/Rielly is stretching it.

Interested to see how it plays out:

1. Robertson - will he make it and stick with the team.
2. Lehtonen - If he's any good, what the f*** do we do with him,
3. Nylander - build on the career year, hopefully with better S% from his linemates 5v5.
4. Liljegren/Sandin - do either displace anyone on the roster, how do they look when spots open up for 2021-22
5. Campbell - Can he be a legit #1
6. Brodie - Will he be a top-pairing quality guy like Rielly/Muzzin?
7. Dermott - Can he be the top-4/top-pair quality guy his numbers suggest?
8. Vesey - Is he a top-9 quality forward
9. Thornton/Spezza - What do they have left in the tank
10. Kerfoot - Let's see what he's like without a broken face

Reactions: cgc83

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
Under the gun:

1. Andersen - If he plays like last year, he loses his starting spot going into FA- and we probably can't re-sign him either way.
2. Dermott - Decider if we're going to be letting him go in expansion.
3. Holl - I'm hoping he steps it up and goes in expansion over Dermott.
4. Lehtonen - UFA at seasons end.
5. Kerfoot - Gotta prove he's worth more than the depth players we're always grabbing. Full season without a broken face, I'm excited.
6. Mikheyev - bounce back to before his injury.
7. Campbell - See if he can take over for next year when Freddy ultimately leaves
8. Hyman - UFA at seasons end.
9. Rielly - Gotta decide what we're going to do with him in 2022-23, and a huge season could really help us decide

Nobody else I'd really consider "under the gun", and Hyman/Rielly is stretching it.

Interested to see how it plays out:

1. Robertson - will he make it and stick with the team.
2. Lehtonen - If he's any good, what the f*** do we do with him,
3. Nylander - build on the career year, hopefully with better S% from his linemates 5v5.
4. Liljegren/Sandin - do either displace anyone on the roster, how do they look when spots open up for 2021-22
5. Campbell - Can he be a legit #1
6. Brodie - Will he be a top-pairing quality guy like Rielly/Muzzin?
7. Dermott - Can he be the top-4/top-pair quality guy his numbers suggest?
8. Vesey - Is he a top-9 quality forward
9. Thornton/Spezza - What do they have left in the tank
10. Kerfoot - Let's see what he's like without a broken face
Even though i have kerfoot around the middle of my list im really curious to see if he can be an important middle 6 guy or will he a barely noticeable going through the motions .
That was a tough injury last season, granted . I hope he can be our new "Dave Bolland" type of player

Reactions: Morgs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad