Top 10 fights in Blue Jackets history

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
The Boll/Tootoo was one of the more highly anticipated fights I can recall, that one was brewing and when it happened it was electric!

You need to dive deeper into Jackets history, Duvie gets 2 honorable mentions for kicking the ***** out of Avery and destroying Derek Morris' eye socket....at least im pretty sure those were both Duvie

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
yeah...there's a lot of older ones that probably should be there...Duvie came to mind...Lurch probably had a few...

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
And on a side note, I hate web development today, having to hit next 10 times instead of just scrolling down is completely stupid. Much like TSN's page now, why cant I scroll down to see the stats of the whole team instead of clicking next to see the next 10?! I hate this new form of development

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Should've left a spot for Prout v Lucic III (once last season I believe).

Happy to say I know where a couple of the jerseys are that players wore during some of these. This is one from the Boll v Varos bout. The huge repaired tear down the 0 was caused by Brad May in a later scrap. The tear on the shoulder was Varos (or possibly from a Sharks player earlier)

2009-10%20CBJ%20Jared%20Boll%20Road%202-X3.jpg

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
And on a side note, I hate web development today, having to hit next 10 times instead of just scrolling down is completely stupid. Much like TSN's page now, why cant I scroll down to see the stats of the whole team instead of clicking next to see the next 10?! I hate this new form of development

all about ad clicks unfortunately...its only gonna get worse...but I agree whole heartedly...I typically close out if I see a page like that...I was curious how bad this list was going to be...

pwisch

Aug 25, 2014
Indian Lake, OH
yeah...there's a lot of older ones that probably should be there...Duvie came to mind...Lurch probably had a few...

Yes, there were a lot of older fights that I would have liked to include, but I couldn't find videos to most of them.

Feel free to add any that you have links to in the comments section.

pwisch

Aug 25, 2014
Indian Lake, OH

Normally they load much faster and are easier to view on separate pages. To put 13 videos on one page would bog it down quite considerably.

pwisch

Aug 25, 2014
Indian Lake, OH
all about ad clicks unfortunately...its only gonna get worse...but I agree whole heartedly...I typically close out if I see a page like that...I was curious how bad this list was going to be...

The slideshow is 100% about page load times. There are no ad or page-view based advantages to doing multiple slides within one article.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I think you have to include Calvert and Nash, while not a tremendous actual fight, the place exploded and the drama surrounding it was second to none. Also Shelley v. Oliwa was highly anticipated and the night Shelley fought Probert 3 times the same night!

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The best would have to be the full line brawl with NYR at some point in the early years. I remember Tyle Wright and Grant Marshall involved.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
For the Bass-Rinaldo fight, I think your history is wrong. Jody Shelley was no longer on the Jackets and iirc Bass was mad because the Jackets were playing like total crap. We got destroyed that game.

Kfarschman

...Boomers in disguise
Feb 12, 2006
Deutschdorf, Ohio
www.facebook.com
The Boll/Tootoo was one of the more highly anticipated fights I can recall, that one was brewing and when it happened it was electric!

You need to dive deeper into Jackets history, Duvie gets 2 honorable mentions for kicking the ***** out of Avery and destroying Derek Morris' eye socket....at least im pretty sure those were both Duvie

The Derek Morris eye destruction was little ole David Ling, not Duvie.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
The best would have to be the full line brawl with NYR at some point in the early years. I remember Tyle Wright and Grant Marshall involved.

Definitely #1...not even close. Nov. 9th, 2002. Love that John Davidson was color commentating for NYR during that game :laugh: Rangers put Barnaby, McCarthy and Oliwa vs. Wright, Walser & Marshall. Denis challenged Blackburn. Nash was a rookie and had 2 goals.

Last edited:

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Definitely #1...not even close. Nov. 9th, 2002. Love that John Davidson was color commentating for NYR during that game :laugh: Rangers put Barnaby, McCarthy and Oliwa vs. Wright, Walser & Marshall. Denis challenged Blackburn. Nash was a rookie and had 2 goals.

IIRC Wright went at it with Lindros didnt he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad