Top 10 European prospects for the 2011-12 NHL season

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Just one thing considering Landeskog, he'll probably play with Stastny on Avs top line not with Duchene, because last time they played together Mueller - Duchene- Hejduk line was great, and Landeskog really isn't the type of a player that works well with Duchene (ie Stewart, Jones).

Just my 2 cents.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
You may really have a point there, but it all depends on Peter Mueller's health! If he's able to come back after missing last season with concussion symptoms!

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
You're still calling a 34 goal scorer a prospect? And it's time to drop Filatov from the list until he proves otherwise. We know NHL GM's collectively don't think very highly of him any more.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Grabner is not a prospect. Filatov ahead of Paajarvi? Don't know about that.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Grabner was a rookie last season, so I included him the list (which comprises sophomores) and Paajarvi is Swedish so he's in the other article :)

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Yes, it's the second year of his two-year contract with his KHL team. He elected to fulfill it before joining the Blues for the 2012-13 season.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Tim Erixon. He has a great chance to thrive with the rangers this season.

Erixon was born in the United States and he's played all his developmental hockey in Sweden (he holds both citizenship). He received a special mention in my previous articles on the top Swedish prospects.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Tim Erixon. He has a great chance to thrive with the rangers this season.

Tim Erixon was born in the United-States and has played most of his youth hockey in Sweden (he holds both citizenship). Erixon received a special mention in my previous article on the top Swedish prospects.

His Beardliness*

Erixon was born in the United States and he's played all his developmental hockey in Sweden (he holds both citizenship). He received a special mention in my previous articles on the top Swedish prospects.

He's swedish no matter where his born. Unless you count Robyn Regehr as brazilian.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Tim Erixon was born in the United-States and has played most of his youth hockey in Sweden (he holds both citizenship). Erixon received a special mention in my previous article on the top Swedish prospects.

It's absolutely silly to not count Tim Erixon as a swede. What do you mean by "most of his youth hockey in Sweden"?. He started to play hockey as a five-year old in Sweden. It would make more sense not to count Landeskog, since he actually played in Canada two years of his hockey career.

Among your notables, Harju and Klasen have returned to Sweden. It's possible that both/one of them come back at one point but for now they don't seem to be NHL-prospects.

Otherwise a fun read!

Last edited:

GM17*

Josefson might even play 2nd line (which splits time with line 1a) due to the Zajac injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see 40pts out of him. Not expecting more, though.

Tedenby will likely see top 6 minutes. Our right wings consist of: Tedenby (he will never make the team as a LW EVER) Palmieri and Zubrus. Still, if his defensive game isn't rounded out you're correct in assuming he won't see the ice.

Larsson was bang on. Nobody expects Weber/Doughty numbers at this point.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Illogical because there are no Finnish players in the list? :)

Because the list didnt follow any sort of logic, just random young players yet to reach their prime. Besides as it was only European players (which wasnt mentioned, it just was) playing in North America, and there arent many finnish prospects there right now. Only one worth a mention is Teemu Hartikainen.

Nice assumption, buddy :)

Edit: Just noticed the list was about players about to make an impact next season with their NHL-teams. oops. Still, theres about 300 NHL games played within those players, which to me is pretty illogical to call prospects.

Slashers98

Oct 3, 2008
Quebec City
Because the list didnt follow any sort of logic, just random young players yet to reach their prime. Besides as it was only European players (which wasnt mentioned, it just was) playing in North America, and there arent many finnish prospects there right now. Only one worth a mention is Teemu Hartikainen.

Nice assumption, buddy :)

Edit: Just noticed the list was about players about to make an impact next season with their NHL-teams. oops. Still, theres about 300 NHL games played within those players, which to me is pretty illogical to call prospects.

You are entitled to your opinion buddy. We just don't have the same definition of prospects, mine is maybe a little bit too inclusive!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad