top 10 Center Rankings for 2017-2018 Season

Isles Drive For 5

Aug 20, 2014
Hello all, I have a question regarding who you think the 10 best centers will be during the 2017-2018 season. I am not necessarily looking for point totals, although that is certainly a big part of it. Rather, I am curious which 10 centers throughout the league will have the biggest positive impacts for their respective teams. I would like for everyone to rank your players in order.

I am an Islander fan. With all of the speculation surrounding JT's extension, I have found myself as of late debating many of my fellow Islander fans over JT's value. I believe that JT is a very, very good player. However, I do not believe that he is an elite player. I am often rebuked by my fellow fans, and am told that JT is a top 5-10 best player in the entire NHL. Based upon that, and the notion of possibly trading him if he won't sign an extension, I am curious how other fans throughout the league view him with regard to their center rankings. Again, these rankings will be based upon what you anticipate happening this upcoming season, not necessarily what has transpired over the past few seasons. Thanks.

Here is my Top 10:

1.) Mcdavid
2.) Crosby
3.) Matthews
4.) Schiefle
5.) Monohan
6.) Backstrom
7.) Malkin
8.) Barkov
9.) Tavares
10.) Toews

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Monahan over Malkin and Backstrom. Oh my god.
Monahan should not even be on the list. Bergeron? Stammer? Seguin?
I think Kopitar will have a bounceback year. I don't think that Stamkos should be on this list, though. Eichel should be.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When I think about it, this is legitimately a tough thing to decide because there are two centers (Eichel and Matthews) who have the potential to be top 10 this coming season, possibly even top 5. But because they're not quite there yet, it's tough to decide whether this will be their year or "soon".

I think the three locks are Crosby, McDavid, and Malkin (go ahead and argue the first two's order). After that, there's a log jam of players who have a decent argument for being ranked, including guys like Eichel and Matthews if you believe this is the year they "arrive" as top 10 centers.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Hello all, I have a question regarding who you think the 10 best centers will be during the 2017-2018 season. I am not necessarily looking for point totals, although that is certainly a big part of it. Rather, I am curious which 10 centers throughout the league will have the biggest positive impacts for their respective teams. I would like for everyone to rank your players in order.

I am an Islander fan. With all of the speculation surrounding JT's extension, I have found myself as of late debating many of my fellow Islander fans over JT's value. I believe that JT is a very, very good player. However, I do not believe that he is an elite player. I am often rebuked by my fellow fans, and am told that JT is a top 5-10 best player in the entire NHL. Based upon that, and the notion of possibly trading him if he won't sign an extension, I am curious how other fans throughout the league view him with regard to their center rankings. Again, these rankings will be based upon what you anticipate happening this upcoming season, not necessarily what has transpired over the past few seasons. Thanks.

Here is my Top 10:

1.) Mcdavid
2.) Crosby
3.) Matthews
4.) Schiefle
5.) Monohan
6.) Backstrom
7.) Malkin
8.) Barkov
9.) Tavares
10.) Toews

Crosby
McDavid
Malkin
Tavares
Stamkos
Kopitar
Backstrom
Matthews
Schiefele
Barkov

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
When I think about it, this is legitimately a tough thing to decide because there are two centers (Eichel and Matthews) who have the potential to be top 10 this coming season, possibly even top 5. But because they're not quite there yet, it's tough to decide whether this will be their year or "soon".

I think the three locks are Crosby, McDavid, and Malkin (go ahead and argue the first two's order). After that, there's a log jam of players who have a decent argument for being ranked, including guys like Eichel and Matthews if you believe this is the year they "arrive" as top 10 centers.

I think easily Matthews and Eichel are top 10 centers. Matthews for sure since he literally just tied for 2nd in NHL goal scoring.

Anyways,

1. Crosby
2. McDavid
3. Malkin
4. Getzlaf
5. Matthews
6. Eichel
7. Backstrom
8. Scheifele
9. Draisaitl
10. Tavares

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
1. McDavid/Crosby
2. Crosby/McDavid
3. Malkin
4. Backstrom
5. Bergeron
6. Stamkos
7. Eichel
8. Matthews
9. Getzlaf
10. Tavares
HM: Seguin,Barkov,Scheifele,Kopitar,Draisaitl,Horvat

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Mcdavid
Crosby
Malkin
Backstrom
Stamkos (if healthy) otherwise schiefele (is that how u spell it)
Schiefele
Matthews
Seguin
Eichel
Getzlaf/Bergy

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
1. Crosby
2. McDavid
3. Malkin
4. Backstrom
5. Kopitar