Top 10 Art Ross Contenders 2018-19 - #2

Art Ross

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The "easy" answer is Sid. I know he hasn't been able to actually challenge McDavid but I think he still has enough left in the tank to take one more Art. Kuch is also a good option.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Something I've learned since 2005, never bet against Crosby or count him out. That's why I'll vote him until he wins the poll.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Crosby. I don't think he'll actually win it, but if there's someone on that list who can challenge McDavid, I still think it's him. Prior to last season, he finished top 3 in points 5 straight seasons.

Reactions: Ageless

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The "easy" answer is Sid. I know he hasn't been able to actually challenge McDavid but I think he still has enough left in the tank to take one more Art. Kuch is also a good option.

The season before last he had like .03 ppg worse and led the league in goals while missing 7 games. Finally getting the rest he hasn't had in years and him being 31 now he might recognize this as his last real shot at challenging McDavid in the scoring race and go all out in the regular season. I suspect McDavid still wins it but I wouldn't be shocked if Crosby managed to be a close 2nd.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The season before last he had like .03 ppg worse and led the league in goals while missing 7 games. Finally getting the rest he hasn't had in years and him being 31 now he might recognize this as his last real shot at challenging McDavid in the scoring race and go all out in the regular season. I suspect McDavid still wins it but I wouldn't be shocked if Crosby managed to be a close 2nd.

Yeah, two seasons a go he was close in PPG and last season he was visibly "saving it " for the post season. I think he's the biggest challenger for McDavid. That said, I do expect Connor to win. But I also expect Sid to finish second with a good challenge to McDavid.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
While it's not an accurate depiction of his play, Crosby still hasn't put up 90 points in years and is going to be 31. I think he can still be the best player in the world in spurts but I don't know if he can keep it up long enough to win another Art Ross at this point. Went with Kucherov, as he was the leader for much of the year and is smack dab in his prime.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
While it's not an accurate depiction of his play, Crosby still hasn't put up 90 points in years and is going to be 31. I think he can still be the best player in the world in spurts but I don't know if he can keep it up long enough to win another Art Ross at this point. Went with Kucherov, as he was the leader for much of the year and is smack dab in his prime.

With McDavid off the board, this poll assumes who is most likely to win among the above. IMO, Crosby probably won't together a consistent enough season of dominance to beat McDavid at this point, but I think he's shown over the last 5 years he can beat everyone else on this list still.

I think last season is clouding people's opinions of Crosby's ability to finish high in scoring. Like I said, prior to last year, he's finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in scoring 5 straight seasons. That's better than anyone on that list.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
With McDavid off the board, this poll assumes who is most likely to win among the above. IMO, Crosby probably won't together a consistent enough season of dominance to beat McDavid at this point, but I think he's shown over the last 5 years he can beat everyone else on this list still.

I think last season is clouding people's opinions of Crosby's ability to finish high in scoring. Like I said, prior to last year, he's finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in scoring 5 straight seasons. That's better than anyone on that list.

Crosby might have the most chance of finishing top 3 among these players but that's not the question. I believe there's more chance of Kucherov having a big point season than Crosby. Consistency over the last 5 years isn't really that relevant when Art Ross is more about spiking. Plus, Kucherov has been the 2nd best producer after McDavid over the last two seasons in points and only 0.01PPG behind Malkin for 2nd there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad