Top 10 2005 picks projection

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
If you had to pick today, based on how things are going so far I see 1 and 2 set

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule

After that I have heard these names some...

F Guillame Latendresse
D Vitaly Anikeeno
F Dan Bertram
F Teemu Laakso
F Jakub Kindl
D Jack Johnson
F Mark Staal
F Marek Zagrapov
? Andrew Cogliano

How will they place. How many more names are legitimate contenders?
Any goalies likely to go high? Almost always one in the Top10. Rank em!

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Douggy said:
I'll be interested to see where Mark Staal goes... Apparently he's better than Eric??

I had heard he was smaller but feistier. I never heard anything suggesting better though. He still is young though.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
borro said:
I had heard he was smaller but feistier. I never heard anything suggesting better though. He still is young though.

I believe Latendresse and Bertram have been hurt. I don't know if their stock has gone down. Anikeeno may be difficult to judge too.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
borro said:
If you had to pick today, based on how things are going so far I see 1 and 2 set

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule

F Guillame Latendresse
D Vitaly Anikeeno
F Dan Bertram
F Teemu Laakso
F Jakub Kindl
D Jack Johnson
F Mark Staal
F Marek Zagrapov
? Andrew Cogliano

Pretty sure that Laakso, Kindl and Staal are all Dman, not forwards. With Kindl being rated the highest at the moment.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Chuckalinsky said:
Pretty sure that Laakso, Kindl and Staal are all Dman, not forwards. With Kindl being rated the highest at the moment.

Pretty sure Staal is a Forward. Also. on the link Guy Flaming had, they had Anikeeno. Laakso, Staal, Cogliano out of the Top 10 and added Ryan O'Marra, Nik Bergfors, Chris Durand, and Michael Blunden in.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
borro said:
Pretty sure Staal is a Forward. Also. on the link Guy Flaming had, they had Anikeeno. Laakso, Staal, Cogliano out of the Top 10 and added Ryan O'Marra, Nik Bergfors, Chris Durand, and Michael Blunden in.

Kindl definitely is a dman.

leafaholix*

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule
3. Jack Johnson
4. Andrew Cogliano
5. Nicklas Bergfors
6. Guillaume Latendresse
7. Ryan O'Marra
8. Dan Bertram
9. Marek Zagrapan
10. Bobby Ryan

PK*

borro said:
Staal is definitely a dman, I saw him against the 67s at the Civic Center and he didn't play a minute as a forward.

Sudbury Wolves roster

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
borro said:

Jordan and Eric are forwards, but Marc is a defensemen for Sudbury. Seen at the U17s for Ontario and he was their 2nd top d-man there, behind Patrick McNeill.

Papadice

Apr 29, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
www.myfhl.net
borro said:
6'2 180 lbs... Smaller than Eric by an inch and two pounds but he's only 17... Sounds like he's projected to be a top end dman in the NHL... Eric being a top end forward in the NHL...

Then the two younger brothers, Jordan and Jarred... Apparently they think Jarred might be best of the bunch... Mind you, he's still years away...

Can you say Sutter family part 2... The Staals... The just need to pop out one more son to go for it.. :joker:

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Finally some recognition for hockey in Northwestern Ontario. You never hear people talking about the hockey in that area of Canada, but there is some serious talent coming out of the area. The Thunder Bay Kings have been a very very solid organization at the AAA level having won Air Canada Cup titles, the Thunder Bay Flyers won Centennial Cups (and were likely better than many CHL teams) and several pros have come out of the area. It's about time people stand up and take notice.

degroat*

Not that McKeens is THE source for the top 10, but Staal is ranked 40th by them so I'm not sure he's top 10 talent.

For what it's worth their top 10 is:
1 Sidney Crosby C
2 Gilbert Brule C
3 Guillaume Latendresse LW
4 Jakub Kindl D
5 Jack Johnson D A
6 Daniel Bertram C
7 J.P. Levasseur G
8 Andrew Cogliano C
9 Chris Durand C
10 Bobby Ryan RW

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
borro said:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule

F Guillame Latendresse
D Vitaly Anikeeno
F Dan Bertram
F Teemu Laakso
F Jakub Kindl
D Jack Johnson
F Mark Staal
F Marek Zagrapov
? Andrew Cogliano

No love for Tuukka Rask?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Leafaholix said:
1. Sidney Crosby
2. Gilbert Brule
3. Jack Johnson
4. Andrew Cogliano
5. Nicklas Bergfors
6. Guillaume Latendresse
7. Ryan O'Marra
8. Dan Bertram
9. Marek Zagrapan
10. Bobby Ryan

Kindl not in your top ten, eh?

degroat*

trahans99 said:
Kindl isn't looking that great so far, i'd say top 20 but not top 10 unless he starts playing ALOT better.

ISS has him 3. McKeens has him 4.

One might think that their scouts have seen something in him beyond his point production to make him worthy of those rankings.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Stich said:
ISS has him 3. McKeens has him 4.

One might think that their scouts have seen something in him beyond his point production to make him worthy of those rankings.
Not necessarily. McKeen's hasn't updated since the season started. I'm hoping they do any day now. He might take a hit then.

X-SHARKIE

I think some guys like Benoit Pouloit, Jack Johnson, Danny Bertram, Ryan O'Marra, Alexander Vincent are rising where other guys like J.P Levasseur, Andrew Cogliano, Jakub Kindl, and then mabey a guy like Lattendresse who has only played one game I think , if he doesn't get it going, the 2005 draft rankings well really shake up.

I would waite untill the WJC's are done and then really start taking a look because right now it's so much up in the air.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
I think some guys like Benoit Pouloit, Jack Johnson, Danny Bertram, Ryan O'Marra, Alexander Vincent are rising where other guys like J.P Levasseur, Andrew Cogliano, Jakub Kindl, and then mabey a guy like Lattendresse who has only played one game I think , if he doesn't get it going, the 2005 draft rankings well really shake up.

I would waite untill the WJC's are done and then really start taking a look because right now it's so much up in the air.
Lattendresse has played 6 or 7 games and has 5 pts.,I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia