Proposal: Tootoo and Eaves from DRW

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Detroit needs to move a forward contract or two. Both of these guys have speed can pk and bring PK to bottom 6. I am sure they could be acquired for next to nothing future considerations or 7th rounder? They add sandpaper and both are better than Crombeen or Labrie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Maybe Malone for both? Would be fair IMO. They get one contract less and we get the inferior Players. But I think high of Tootoo and I think he could get up to 30 Points with us again, while still being that small but good pest!!!
Not that much interest in Eaves, but might swap him for a 7th after aquiring him.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I would be interested in Tootoo but do we have space for him? No interest in Eaves since we won't have the roster size and he's no improvement over someone like Tyrell or especially Pyatt. Really I'm not sure if I want to add any forward even if we trade Malone though. We have developed a very nice system and I am excited to see what they can do.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
I would be interested in Tootoo but do we have space for him? No interest in Eaves since we won't have the roster size and he's no improvement over someone like Tyrell or especially Pyatt. Really I'm not sure if I want to add any forward even if we trade Malone though. We have developed a very nice system and I am excited to see what they can do.

Agree with this. Trading Malone would be opening up a spot for Syracuse player that may not get a spot otherwise on the big club but deserves too.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Detroit needs to move a forward contract or two. Both of these guys have speed can pk and bring PK to bottom 6. I am sure they could be acquired for next to nothing future considerations or 7th rounder? They add sandpaper and both are better than Crombeen or Labrie.

You say they are better than Crombeen? Yet, Crombeen was acquired for a couple of 4th rounders while these two can both be acquired for nothing in future considerations? Doubt Detroit would give them away for free.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
You say they are better than Crombeen? Yet, Crombeen was acquired for a couple of 4th rounders while these two can both be acquired for nothing in future considerations? Doubt Detroit would give them away for free.

Especially to a division rival.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I can't help but laugh every time I see "Tootoo". Just seems like Toot toot. When you have a name that implies you release toxic gas, you probably don't want to be caught dead fighting for a puck in the corner with him.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

They're probably better than Labrie... i'd say they are better than Labrie, but not Crombeen.

Outside of some ****** fights, Crombeen is an excellent fourth liner. Check his peripherals. That said, we already have a logjam of forwards so no thank you, if any trades are happening its for a defender.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Maybe Malone for both? Would be fair IMO. They get one contract less and we get the inferior Players. But I think high of Tootoo and I think he could get up to 30 Points with us again, while still being that small but good pest!!!
Not that much interest in Eaves, but might swap him for a 7th after aquiring him.

The reason why Detroit would dump/trade Tootoo and/or Eaves is cap space.

Det would be over the cap with Malone though Wings roster would really need player like that.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The reason why Detroit would dump/trade Tootoo and/or Eaves is cap space.

Det would be over the cap with Malone though Wings roster would really need player like that.

They're probably better than Labrie... i'd say they are better than Labrie, but not Crombeen.

Outside of some ****** fights, Crombeen is an excellent fourth liner. Check his peripherals. That said, we already have a logjam of forwards so no thank you, if any trades are happening its for a defender.

I think Eaves is around on par with Crombeen.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Gotta disagree... Eaves gets more offensive zone starts and has a worse rating. Not to mention Crombeens numbers (well, everyones) were down from this disaster of a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad