GDT: Toothless vs. Tavares: Knights begin road trip on Long Island TODAY Monday 4 p.m. on TV

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Brooklyn locals might be a bit confused to hear the Knights will be playing at the Barclays Center, Long Island, New York.

No, it's not the soccer team...

Brooklyn-Knights-Logo.gif

No, it's not that basketball team...

35ce5ck.jpg

And no, this is not the mascot for the game...

brooklyn_mascot.jpg

........WORK IN PROGRESS..... (SEE BELOW)

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Let's begin again... our team from Vegas has hit the road and will play the NYI today at 4 PM Vegas time...

d9e0795a7efa9272767a75390566d17eab5468ff3a9b457f795c8dbfd55e008a

It's the start of a 6-game, 9-night epic road campaign!

Tomorrow our Knights head downtown to MSG to take on the Rangers. Then Thursday the guys go up the road to battle in Boston and Saturday morning (11 am Vegas time) it's across the border for a game in Ottawa. Then a day off before back-to-back games in Toronto and Montreal.

James Neal may be a bit toothless but he'll show up today for the Islanders game.
ed_helms.jpg

:teach:The Knights are 2-0 on the road this season but the Isles are UNBEATEN in regulation at home with a 3-0-1 record at the rink in Brooklyn.

hot_large.png

NYI captain #91 John Tavares: a 3rd period HAT TRICK two nights ago
cut.jpg

John Tavares notched a hat trick in Saturday's 6-2 win over the Nashville Predators. Believe it or not, all of Tavares' offense came in the third period, as he scored three consecutive goals in 7:14. Those markers gave the Islanders 4-1, 5-1 and 6-1 leads at the time. Tavares finished the night with a plus-1 rating and four shots on goal in 17:33 of ice time. The Islanders captain has nine goals and 13 points in 11 games this season. This was his second hat trick in three games. He's collected an incredible 10 points in his last four contests.

The game Monday - today - is at 4:00 p.m. this afternoon Vegas time... but in New York...

9x25rZg.png

jTAvGof.jpg

tBObcs5.png

The game begins at 4:00 p.m. Vegas Time Baby!

YSbMYAc.png

Now available on Cox (thank goodness)

(Click for link to listen online)​

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
IMG_2372.jpg

Why is it that all goalies in Vegas are good as gold ????

Good luck Golden Knights !
I'm going to watch this game tonight :)

Reactions: Nevada Jones

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
Toothless ....real nice.
James Neal comes back early with a broken hand to play in the first couple weeks of the season instead of waiting for hand to heal. Than takes a stick to the mouth which did some heavy duty damage to his jaw and mouth not counting the 5 or 6 teeth knocked out . Spending hours getting surgery in the early morning hours before jumping on plane not unlike any other injury but I guess you find it funny.
Strange coming from your own fanbase considering what he has done so far.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Tonight will be a true test from the Islanders (who now play on Brooklyn). The Islanders want to reaffirm their status as a real playoff contender. They hope to do this and continue their most recent momentum (last five games 4-1) by beating up on the lowly expansion VGK.

I hope that VGK can escape Brokelyn without any major injuries and with their confidence still intact. Shipachyov was the first casualty of the VGK's first extended road trip. This game will require some mental toughness that might not have been necessary in some previous VGK wins.

GWarriorsCCERT.gif

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hey guys, Ottawa's GM Pierre Dorion is in attendance for the game tonight, Ottawa would be in the market for forward, likely for the bottom 6. Was looking for your opinion on who that could be from your side. Personally would like to see Haula in Ottawa, any chance it could be him?

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Toothless ....real nice.
James Neal comes back early with a broken hand to play in the first couple weeks of the season instead of waiting for hand to heal. Than takes a stick to the mouth which did some heavy duty damage to his jaw and mouth not counting the 5 or 6 teeth knocked out . Spending hours getting surgery in the early morning hours before jumping on plane not unlike any other injury but I guess you find it funny.
Strange coming from your own fanbase considering what he has done so far
You're a new hockey fan, aren't you?

I lost my first four teeth playing hockey back in '80, '81. Everyone laughs and it's game on. This is what hockey players do.

comcast-spectacor-image-refresh.jpg

Heck, he'll be facing a toothless grin today.

jsiw-czP.jpeg

Last edited:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I didn't like the whole toothless thing just because of how it kind of depicts the ol' Knights. I defer to GDT maker, though. Especially when there's effort put in.

Good thread. :)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Toothless ....real nice.
Strange coming from your own fanbase considering what he has done so far.

Players tend to lose their chicklets and former NHLers tend to make jokes about it. If they're OK with it, it's fine by me.

It's extremely painful but it's an old rite of passage.

Hey guys, Ottawa's GM Pierre Dorion is in attendance for the game tonight, Ottawa would be in the market for forward, likely for the bottom 6. Was looking for your opinion on who that could be from your side. Personally would like to see Haula in Ottawa, any chance it could be him?

Doubtful. Maybe someone with less than 3 years of term like Lindberg, if the price is right. Maybe Bellemare.

Reactions: VanIslander

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016

GVulture.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3