Took my son up to the Montreal Canadiens camp

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
He had an amazing week. We got to meet Alexei Emelin ( what a nice guy, seemed in great shape and was fast on the ice ).
Nikita Scherbak ( tall kid, fast as the wind ). Paul Byron ( was fast but petered out quickly seemed out of shape ). My favorite lol Plekanecs (nothing to say here ). Daniel Audette ( nothing spectacular, small guy but very nice )

View attachment 91135

Scoring a goal here, and hearing the famous Habs horn lol

Last edited:

TheFutureisBright

Mar 2, 2015
Toronto
Emelin or Scherbak ? Emelin was quite understandable not perfect, but Scherbak's English was surprisingly good.

Emelin sorry. I've heard Scherbak's English quite a bit and I agree that it is surprisingly good. I just have never heard Emelin in an interview. I remember his 1st year with us, we would see him with a translator but that was it

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Thought when I read your thread, you were gonna say you took your son to the camp, and they had mistaken him for # 51

All jokes aside, great you had enjoyed yourself, and great to hear the Ruskies are good guys to chat with!!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I remember when Scherbak was drafted, they were saying the same thing they did with Sergachev this year in terms of their English. Both came from Russia barely speaking English but they learned it quickly.

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
Thought when I read your thread, you were gonna say you took your son to the camp, and they had mistaken him for # 51

All jokes aside, great you had enjoyed yourself, and great to hear the Ruskies are good guys to chat with!!

I really like Scherbak, he is so nice. And Josh is taller than Davey at 10 lol.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Emelin sorry. I've heard Scherbak's English quite a bit and I agree that it is surprisingly good. I just have never heard Emelin in an interview. I remember his 1st year with us, we would see him with a translator but that was it
He did a few interview when that "emelin boom" thing caught on his first year

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I remember when Scherbak was drafted, they were saying the same thing they did with Sergachev this year in terms of their English. Both came from Russia barely speaking English but they learned it quickly.

Which is quite remarkable considering it can be quite hard to learn a language when you're entering your adult years.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Good to hear your son had a good time, maybe he'll be like Simon Bourque and end up coming back there as a player. ;)

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Which is quite remarkable considering it can be quite hard to learn a language when you're entering your adult years.

Learning Mandarin might be hard, yeah.

But English? You just need to spend a few months in an English speaking environment and you're good to go.

Mastering the subtelties of the English language is hard, but learning the basics is incredibly easy.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Learning Mandarin might be hard, yeah.

But English? You just need to spend a few months in an English speaking environment and you're good to go.

Mastering the subtelties of the English language is hard, but learning the basics is incredibly easy.

French to English is easy.

Russian to English less so.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
French to English is easy.

Russian to English less so.

I don't disagree. But still. Russian to English shouldn't be that hard. And as I said, we're not talking about writing a dissertation. Just basic conversation skills.

And let's not forget that our guys have to deal with Therrien. How long can it be to understand 'Puck at da net'? :laugh:

Tankster*

Jun 18, 2016
St Jean (US export)
Good to hear your son had a good time, maybe he'll be like Simon Bourque and end up coming back there as a player. ;)

He would really like that, but for now he said he is concentrating on a scholarship to an American college ;), ok well maybe that's me lol

I laughed a lot harder at this than I should have :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

My son at 10 is 100% bilingual. And wants to learn a 3rd language.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad