Too much for an aging player?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
This was in an 8 man H2H league in a dynasty league. 4 make playoffs, 4 miss. Counts most offensive categories.

I give: Galchenyuk and Kucherov
I get: St Louis
Picked up with extra spot: Tatar

Was accepted extremely quick, which got me thinking if I offered too much for an older guy. I really wanted in the playoffs and do have other offensive forces like Hall, Tavares, Malkin. I figure St Louis can put me in contention but how much did I give?

Funny background behind it. I sit 4th (3-6 is very close), he sits 5th. This was part of my thinking. Draft order is based off reverse order of standings. I currently do not have my first, this guy does.

Is this a case of "if you win this year, great deal, if not it's a flop"? Makes me nervous when they accept so quick

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
I like the trade. St Louis is a beast who can put up another 70+ season or two even.

Galchenyuk has no progressed well, and I dont think Montreal is the place where anyone goes to get a ton of points. They play 3 lines deep like St Louis used to do. Kucherov is good but has to fight with Filpulla, Johnson, Palat, Drouin to get ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad