Too Many Too Many Men Penalties

RinkOnEStreet

Jun 25, 2004
It's a little bit silly at this point; six too many men penalties in twelve games. Forgetting why this keeps happening for a moment, this has to be a record pace, no?

I haven't been able to find any information on a record for too many men in a season, but this tool on NHL.com allows you to sort based on bench minors in a given season:
NHL.com - Stats

Obviously this is limited in that 1) not all bench minors are too many men penalties and 2) we can only go back to 1996 - 1997. The most bench minors I found in looking through this data was 25 for the Kings in 2002 - 2003. I would be stunned if those were all, or even mostly, too many men.

Anybody been able to find more concrete data?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Thread should obviously be titled "Too many too many men penalties"
And then there will be a duplicate thread and mods will tell us there are too many Too many too many men penalties threads.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Seriously, this **** has to stop.

I thought Torts and Sully were going to explode on the bench last night after it happened again. WTF

SupersonicMonkey*

Its really not a hard concept, call out the player you are replacing, confirm everyone heard you, wait for that guy to come to the bench, jump on the ice.

Issue is when Tortorella decides to mix the lines up, not everyone is sitting next to eachother. Communication issue.

Stop juggling lines so much.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Seriously, this **** has to stop.

I thought Torts and Sully were going to explode on the bench last night after it happened again. WTF

It almost happened a second time last night too. Stralman went to jump early and sully grabbed him and pulled him back.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
honestly, if it happens now, i'm pissed but slowly getting over it. it could be a chemistry thing. what do i know...

BUT if it continues to happen in the playoffs, there's no way we're winning the cup

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Let's just face the reality of the line confusion and breakdowns and practice our PK.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
honestly, if it happens now, i'm pissed but slowly getting over it. it could be a chemistry thing. what do i know...

BUT if it continues to happen in the playoffs, there's no way we're winning the cup

I'm not really worried about that. If we can't score on the power play more than once every eleven chances we aren't making it that far.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
We had 7 bench minors all season last season.

We have 6 already in 25% of half a season.

At this pace it's a bench minor every 2 games, which is 41 for a full season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad