Post-Game Talk: Too bad... (Habs 1-2 Isles)

DOTG? (14/03/2019)

• Total voters

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I'm always heaping praise on you.

Where's our tree? :laugh:

d714a0aa1bbc08b221bc79e3be80ec55.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just to qualify your comment about some of our fans who prefer that we don't make the playoffs only has to do with their wish to vye for better odds at the draft rather than finish in no man's land.

I think we're all on board wanting the Habs to well on the long term. We just have a difference of opinion about getting there.

This would have been so much easier had Bergevin started building this properly from 2012. He was inexperienced, trusted the wrong people, made a lot of mistakes.

I liked the way the Rangers did it. They came right out with a letter to their fans and laid out their plan. And acted upon it.

I understand. I wasn't taking a jab at those fans who want us to miss the playoffs and for us to get the lowest pick possible. At this stage, I think I might want the same. I was just saying the players are likely more frustrated than some fans are. All the players want to make the playoffs. Our fan base is divided on this one.

My preference would be to delay the pride/rebound year. But I totally saw this season coming from a mile away and I said this before the season started. Pride will result in a better start and I hated middle of the pack strategy. I said we would would be a fringe wild card team and we would get a pick anywhere from 12-20. I was spot on

If I was the GM, my strategy would of been different.
- Kotkaniemi does not make the team. I want him to dominate at center in a league before he plays center in the NHL
- I play Pleky, DLR, Scherbak, Hudon, Alzner vs going after depth that forces us to lose some of them for nothing. The focus would be to be a bottom 10 team so playing those guys fits.
- I talk to the vets to tell them the plan is to test our youth for one more year (maybe two) and then we rise again
- I delay Weber's return till the new year.

Just maybe, this results in a top 5-10 range pick and we possibly get lucky and win one of the top 3 lottery spots. I do believe in our potential but I wanted to delay the pride/rebound attempts while we get at least another top 10 pick

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Just to qualify your comment about some of our fans who prefer that we don't make the playoffs only has to do with their wish to vye for better odds at the draft rather than finish in no man's land.

I think we're all on board wanting the Habs to well on the long term. We just have a difference of opinion about getting there.

This would have been so much easier had Bergevin started building this properly from 2012. He was inexperienced, trusted the wrong people, made a lot of mistakes.

I liked the way the Rangers did it. They came right out with a letter to their fans and laid out their plan. And acted upon it.

I’m really not that invested in the winning or losing, my concern is that the team is being exposed. It’s hard to be optimistic as they are sputtering to the finish line. I have to trust management not to see these games as an aberration. I likely allowed myself to get a little to optimistic.

This is the heavy time of the season. Drouin is terrible. Domi has cooled off a little, which is to be expected. KK has hit the wall, also not a shock. Weber is the walking wounded, Petry has dropped off. We can’t trust our backup goalie.

It’s frustrating because although the team is likely better than their recent play, their isn’t much progress as of yet. So all the good energy that was building up is dissipating. It’s hard not to feel like the team has a long way to go, and perhaps the assessment of the team’s needs has been problematic.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I’m really not that invested in the winning or losing, my concern is that the team is being exposed. It’s hard to be optimistic as they are sputtering to the finish line. I have to trust management not to see these games as an aberration. I likely allowed myself to get a little to optimistic.

This is the heavy time of the season. Drouin is terrible. Domi has cooled off a little, which is to be expected. KK has hit the wall, also not a shock. Weber is the walking wounded, Petry has dropped off. We can’t trust our backup goalie.

It’s frustrating because although the team is likely better than their recent play, their isn’t much progress as of yet. So all the good energy that was building up is dissipating. It’s hard not to feel like the team has a long way to go, and perhaps the assessment of the team’s needs has been problematic.

I think the team was severely exposed in the way it is constructed. Plus, the GM's qualifier about this being a retool year and how the Habs would not be in the rental market, gave a good indication that they'd be riding it out with whatever they started the season with.

I'm OK with this one year not leading to a playoff berth. I hope they get in but if they don't, they'll need to hit a homerun next summer. I hate the idea of carrying it forward but that's where we're at. They've played over their heads to get here and I can't blame them if they don't prevail at the finish line -- they don't have the horses. They simply overachieved and that's not a bad thing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And now, time for another Grainy Mint Clip.

A nifty-shifty move by KK yesterday, that would have made the highlight reel had it resulted in a goal:

rQt3ISb.gif

Reactions: muzion

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I think its time we look forward to next season. It's too bad, the Habs won't have another top 3 pick to draft a young kid to help out with the D next year. Karlsson ain't coming here and MB can't do any decent moves to bring some quality D in this organization.

To make matters worse, Arizona is 8th in the West. Galchenyuk must be laughing at all of us even though he's been a no show over there. Galchy will get some first round play. Nobody is expecting Arizona to go anywhere though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2