Signing(s): Tony Parker signs with Charlotte

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is in the best interest of the Spurs. I don't think Parker and Kawhi liked each other, and if the Spurs have any chance of salvaging that relationship, Parker had to go.

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's pretty much done at this point so I don't think it's a big deal for either team but it'll be weird to see him in a different jersey.

Apr 28, 2010
Wow. Unexpected.. but kind of expected? After the comments he made on Kawhi..

But still, I never thought he'd ever play for another team.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Always thought he'd got he way of Duncan, The Admiral and probably Manu. Mind you if I had to pick one player out of those 4 to ever leave itd probably be him but man its going to be weird next season.

Good for him that he's still getting 5 million a year these days.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Wow. Unexpected.. but kind of expected? After the comments he made on Kawhi..

But still, I never thought he'd ever play for another team.

Like the poser above said, if they have even the slightest chance of convincing Kawhi to stay, he had to go. Leonard was never going to enter the same Locker room as TP ever again.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow it's going to be weird seeing him in another jersey

he's done so i don't blame him for taking that offer. never thought he'd leave SA though

Reactions: Voight
Apr 28, 2010
Like the poser above said, if they have even the slightest chance of convincing Kawhi to stay, he had to go. Leonard was never going to enter the same Locker room as TP ever again.

Well, reports now are saying Spurs actually wanted him back. He chose to move on.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Who's now running the point for the Spurs?

Really sad that Tony leaving San Antonio. He was a thorn in Phoenix's side.

Dejounte Murray

Well, reports now are saying Spurs actually wanted him back. He chose to move on.

I'm guessing Charlotte offered more $$ plus the appeal of playing with his idol MJ & countryman Batum (who he calls his little brother).

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Never been a fan. Always thought he was a whining flopper, then there was cheating on his gorgeous wife with the wife of one of his teammates.

But, he's here now so it's cool. I guess. Not like the Hornets are going anywhere anytime soon so why not.

Reactions: Diddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad