Post-Game Talk: Tony Hawk

3 Stars

• Total voters

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I was really hoping this would be Chytil's break out year. But now with two concussions on plays that you wouldn't think were so,... I don't know what the word is,... damaging?... My hopes are all but shot to hell.

Crosby has bounced back from a few of them, so maybe he can return and learn to avoid them?

But from what we know about concussions the past decade or so, and the lasting damage that can occur, this is serious business. He might be out for awhile.
Was rear ended, whiplash and concussed a couple days before Filip. Thank God it seems NOT severely, but have had prior and I still dont feel quite right. Doc told me to give my brain a "rest". I replied; "what do you mean by that, not think?" She said yes.

Reactions: ohbaby

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Adding Kane would be the typical short-sighted, big name Sather-esque acquisition this team does not need. And it would do damage to the future
Yeah, whatever good stuff we've accumulated (and have left) since the letter and good fortune needs to be kept. Can't be throwing away any more picks on rentals. If they do, you can forget about sustainability. I am fearful they are going to BLOW this rebuild, witha one and done......if they should ever be THAT fortunate.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yeah, whatever good stuff we've accumulated (and have left) since the letter and good fortune needs to be kept. Can't be throwing away any more picks on rentals. If they do, you can forget about sustainability. I am fearful they are going to BLOW this rebuild, witha one and done......if they should ever be THAT fortunate.
If Drury can make some saavy low cost moves like Vatrano im all for it.

But the 2 first rounders (even if they are later in the round) are too valuable to give up in this draft. I would suspect that almost every GM in the league is going to be very stingy about moving their first (if they have one), for good reason.

Just because you have 2 doesnt mean you HAVE to get rid of one. You were fortunate enough to get Dallas to give it up. Dont be stupid and waste one (or godforbid both) on an aging superstar. That is such a typical Rangers thing to do.

On the other hand, if a team is dumb enough to let go of a young talent with term and its a player that fits into the core here going forward - then I'd be ok with flipping a first for that player. For instance, Othmann and two 1sts or Chytil and a 1st for Beniers. But that wont happen.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
If Kane wants to sign with us on a cheap 1 year deal in the offseason I welcome it.

But I'm not trading a first for him.

But the 2 first rounders (even if they are later in the round) are too valuable to give up in this draft. I would suspect that almost every GM in the league is going to be very stingy about moving their first (if they have one), for good reason.

Just because you have 2 doesnt mean you HAVE to get rid of one. You were fortunate enough to get Dallas to give it up. Dont be stupid and waste one (or godforbid both) on an aging superstar. That is such a typical Rangers thing to do.

On the other hand, if a team is dumb enough to let go of a young talent with term and its a player that fits into the core here going forward - then I'd be ok with flipping a first for that player. For instance, Othmann and two 1sts or Chytil and a 1st for Beniers. But that wont happen.

There will be dumb teams trading firsts at the deadline, bet on it.

I just hope we aren't one of them.

In fact I would sell even if we're in playoff position to acquire more firsts in this draft.

We are always told how that doesn't happen, but conventional thinking doesn't work. You have to outfox other teams sometimes. You have to do something that everyone else isn't doing to get ahead.

A guy like Goodrow could probably fetch a first at the deadline, frankly. And since he is in line to be moved anyway, if someone was offering a first, there's no way I'd turn that down.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Call me passive, call me patient, even call me paranoid. But IDC how good Berniers may be, I do NOT give up a vastly improving Chytil a good prospect AND 2 1sts. Sorry, but that is me.

Call me passive, call me patient, even call me paranoid. But IDC how good Berniers may be, I do NOT give up a vastly improving Chytil a good prospect AND 2 1sts. Sorry, but that is me.

Reactions: bhamill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad