Player Discussion Tony DeAngelo - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when someone gets attacked on here for simply admitting their sympathy for an opposing player who has a history of concussions and related suicidal thoughts and now might be facing yet another.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Okposo has never been a tough guy. He could have and should have avoided this fight. I think he saw an opportunity to take on a guy who has run his mouth in the wrong direction that he happened to outsize by quite a bit. He got overzealous and showed his lack of fighting experience by not protecting himself well at all. He's not a victim here. He should have used better judgement. When you have had concussions as bad as he has, this part of your game needs to be eliminated. It's no longer something you should be doing at all. That said, that was not your typical NHL fight punch. Most guys pull that front hand on the jersey ticky tack bs nowadays. That punch showed up ready to work.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Sorry, I don't get pumped up over a guy getting punched in the face when it's possible that the player could be seriously hurt.

Some of you are watching the wrong sport.

Of course a lot of it is on Okposo for dropping the gloves with his concussion history.

I got super pumped.

I loved the perfectly placed right cross that landed squarely on KO's chin and dropped him like a bad habit.

It was totally awesome.

Can watch that stuff all day.

Two hockey players dropping the mits and squaring up.

Love it

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He really got under the skin of the Sabres fans and some are absolutely livid in their PGT. They're conceiving plans of signing the biggest goon they can find to a 1-day contract next season just to end Tony's career.

Reactions: Rongomania

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He really got under the skin of the Sabres fans and some are absolutely livid in their PGT. They're conceiving plans of signing the biggest goon they can find to a 1-day contract next season just to end Tony's career.

Okposo's history with concussions is serious, that probably spiked the outrage.

His reaction to the last one he had was frightening. But he didn't have to drop them with DeAngelo, sometimes you need to know when its best to just walk away.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That’s every Friday night at the dive bar in south jersey tony grew up in so no one should be surprised he loves this stuff.

However if you watch the video okposo first shakes his gloves taunting Mika to go ass that he is knowing Mika isn’t fighting. Almost like a what are you going to do about it thing. When tony stepped in it was really for Mika who went in first to zuccs defense and good on him.

I think Tony would be anyone’s huckleberry if he gets the chance to be.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Kyle Okposo had his chance to avoid the fight, instead he shoved the linesman away ....bad decision . Sometimes better to be a live chicken ....well , you know the rest of the story .
Reminded me of the Tyson spinks fight. I paid 40 dollars for pay per view and went for some Orville popcorn in the kitchen came back and fight over. I was pissed .

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood

And yet another reason to love this kid. Cannot wait to get him in the playoffs, that garden is going to go freaking nuts for this kid.

Agree with the “Okposo shouldn’t have dropped ‘em with his history.”

Tony D is building a fast rep around the league. This is going to be fun, this kind of stuff gets this kid freakin pumped .

Averaging what? 16 mins per game? +1 & 3 points last five games. Diggin’ it.

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad