Confirmed with Link: Tony Cameransai signed to ATO... Contract Next?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Thanks for info...nothing on Toninato? I considered him to be a better prospect

Toninato has one more year of NCAA eligiblity. Considering he had an off year, going back for his senior year probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'd love to see him signed though.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Toninato has one more year of NCAA eligiblity. Considering he had an off year, going back for his senior year probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Ironically enough, I think he hits senior year, I could see picking his landing spot. Minnesota kid could simply sign in Minnesota?

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Are either of them really anything prospects? Tony looked solid but something went wrong (ill admit I have no idea what the potential factors are)

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Might not be an NHL player, but keep in mind he actually led his team in scoring by a healthy gap two years in a row. So it's not exactly like he was playing on a team with a lot of offensive depth or many NHL drafted players. Put him at center between a couple legitimate prospects and I'm sure his point totals would be much, much higher the last two years. Anyway, he has NHL skating apparently so he should hopefully be able to play well in the AHL.

I'm just happy we are giving him a look because after following him for 5 years I'd just like to have my curiosity satisfied.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I assume this will be a final look at Tony.

A quick adjustment may be needed to get an NHL contact

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for info...nothing on Toninato? I considered him to be a better prospect

Yep.. He was younger than most, when the Leafs signed him..

Think they have both had great seasons..

We would now have 3 Bulldogs, if they keep Dom..., too..

Running Wild: Tony Cameranesi 2014-15 Highlights - TML

Toninato Mash: Dominic Toninato 2014-15 Highlights - TML

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs are a little thin at centre with the Marlies next year.

Gauthier, maybe Froese are the the only two. Cameranski does have a spot open for him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs are a little thin at centre with the Marlies next year.

Gauthier, maybe Froese are the the only two. Cameranski does have a spot open for him.

Very well could be kept around.

Question is, will it be an AHL contract? Or an NHL contract?

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Might not be an NHL player, but keep in mind he actually led his team in scoring by a healthy gap two years in a row. So it's not exactly like he was playing on a team with a lot of offensive depth or many NHL drafted players. Put him at center between a couple legitimate prospects and I'm sure his point totals would be much, much higher the last two years. Anyway, he has NHL skating apparently so he should hopefully be able to play well in the AHL.

I'm just happy we are giving him a look because after following him for 5 years I'd just like to have my curiosity satisfied.

This.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Ironically enough, I think he hits senior year, I could see picking his landing spot. Minnesota kid could simply sign in Minnesota?

I don't think he's good enough to pick his spot. If he doesn't sign here, it's most likely because he wasn't worth the contract.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
i think he'll surprise a lot of people. whether that can translate to the NHL remains to be seen, of course

i honestly can't wait for toninato to matriculate, and really hope they fix the CBA by next year lol

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This is the season of the ATO for NCAA grads.

Even Werenski signed an ATO for this year, ELC to begin next year.

This gives the team another year of control, and perhaps some of these ATO recipients never sign a ELC contract?

It doesn't really provide much opportunity for Cameranesi to change opinions though. Leafs have until mid August to lock him up.

He was tied for 40th. in NCAA scoring, but maybe we can just blame his teammates as he was the team leader?

Hopefully he gets some ice time with the Marlies.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/overall.php

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad