Tonight will the 71st venue I have seen the Bruins play a regular season game.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I don't know who has the record but I have to be close. This includes former arenas, outdoor venues and neutral site games.

I am not even including the 2 arenas in China that were preseason games.

Richdale, Ohio, Cow Palace, Oakland, Providence, Springfield, Prague, Greensboro, NC and it has been a journey.

Mullett Arena will be the smallest not counting Lake Tahoe which had no fans.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't know who has the record but I have to be close. This includes former arenas, outdoor venues and neutral site games.

Richdale, Ohio, Cow Palace, Oakland, Providence, Springfield, Prague, Greensboro, NC and it has been a journey.

Regular season and playoff games only correct?

Reactions: Fenway

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yes - I am not counting the games in China
Ok. I remember exhibition games in Ontario in the early 70's that were held in smaller arenas than Mullet Arena. Should have known though. If you counted them you'd be well over 100

BTW I am assuming you started work when you were 3 and did those games LOL.

Honestly Dude thats a milestone to be proud of.

Last edited:

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@DominicT

The venue I miss the most is Colisée de Québec - incredible atmosphere.

The old barns - Forum de Montreal and Chicago Stadium were incredible venues as were the Buffalo Aud and the Philly Spectrum.

Maple Leaf Gardens just had an odd vibe to it. I did see a game at MSG III but it was not a good afternoon to be a Bruins fan.

The_Boston_Globe_1966_02_13_page_49.jpg

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Ok. I remember exhibition games in Ontario in the early 70's that were held in smaller arenas than Mullet Arena. Should have known though. If you counted them you'd be well over 100

BTW I am assuming you started work when you were 3 and did those games LOL.

Honestly Dude thats a milestone to be proud of.

The game I saw in Richfield was memorable as there was a massive lake-effect snow event.

Today the location of that arena is a national park

Former Coliseum Property - Cuyahoga Valley National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

You have me beat. I was at the two in Prague.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Fenway

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

The Bruins played in Saskatoon in 2013 in a pre-season game. Not sure the game was Broadcast, were you here? @Fenway

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

I know it has been mentioned on this board in the past, but I really do hope you write a book at some point -- history, stories, anecdotes, behind the scenes information, observations about various arenas/towns/restaurants/etc, views on the game of hockey and how it has changed, and on and on. It would be a hit with Bs fans and hockey fans in general.

Reactions: Gordoff and sooshii

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If you don't already Fenway, a cool memento piece at your house would be a wall or room dedicated to these places and something of note from each arena. What a journey you've been on!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

That is such a great achievement. Congratualtions

What are your top 5 favorite venues, and why?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Toss up between Montreal Forum or Chicago Stadium
I've been to all the original 6 arenas. I remember the old Olympia arena in Detroit. It is where I fell in love with the game thanks to Gordie Howe. For that reason it is my second d favorite next to the Forum in Montreal. That place was special.

Where does the Olympia rank for you?

Reactions: hrdpuk

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've been to all the original 6 arenas. I remember the old Olympia arena in Detroit. It is where I fell in love with the game thanks to Gordie Howe. For that reason it is my second d favorite next to the Forum in Montreal. That place was special.

Where does the Olympia rank for you?
That is the one I never saw a game in but did get inside and got a swine flu shot there in 1976

It was very similar to Boston Garden

1670625232855.png

1670625466420.png

Reactions: DominicT and hrdpuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad