TONIGHT: STH Meet The Players

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
I thought it would be appropriate to start a thread early on tonight's Season Ticket Holder's Meet The Players event. Having gone for my first time last year, I know that it's tough to meet them all, and yet it's an experience you won't want to miss.

This is a place to post your photos, your stories, and whether Roman Josi and Craig Smith are on opposite sides of the arena :sarcasm:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I think they were. :laugh:

Not a lot of time for chit chat. I got a couple of the new guys autographs and some new pics for the office.

LetsGetThis

Sep 30, 2013
I met most of the players last night, but didn't do any pictures. This is one of my favorite events of the season.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
I'm fairly amazed how little mention this has gotten considering the event was quite crowded. I guess the people who post here on the Preds board are either (a) not season ticket holders, or (b) not interested in letting people know they are season ticket holders.

Certainly, over on the Kings board, when events like this happen, we'd get 5-10 PAGES of a thread discussing it.

Oh well. I tried.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm fairly amazed how little mention this has gotten considering the event was quite crowded. I guess the people who post here on the Preds board are either (a) not season ticket holders, or (b) not interested in letting people know they are season ticket holders.

Certainly, over on the Kings board, when events like this happen, we'd get 5-10 PAGES of a thread discussing it.

Oh well. I tried.

This was discussed before the event on the General thread and alot of STH's said they weren't going. BTW this was only for Full STH's not half STH's.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I didn't go for the same reason I don't go to things like this (Meet The Team, Skate of the Union, etc) or most preseason games: I spend so much effort and time caring about actual regular season and playoff games that anything other than that, Preds related, in that building just doesn't do it for me. I'm weird. Granted I would've liked to meet Jones.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm just over the whole "meet the players and get more stuff to find a place for" thing. Maybe I just had so much opportunity for meeting them in the past, maybe it's just stale, maybe it's because having a cutie player is just creepy once they're younger than your kids. I enjoy going to see the players at the radio shows and practices and such. Mostly I just want them out on the ice producing.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I took my 7 year old and was worth it for me just to see him interact with his hockey heroes. Kid's night was made and one he wont forget. That, my interwebby friends, is why the events are worth it.

On another note, there were lots of ladies all dolled up and waiting in line for some pekka. Kinda sad actually.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I'm just over the whole "meet the players and get more stuff to find a place for" thing. Maybe I just had so much opportunity for meeting them in the past, maybe it's just stale, maybe it's because having a cutie player is just creepy once they're younger than your kids. I enjoy going to see the players at the radio shows and practices and such. Mostly I just want them out on the ice producing.

All of this ^^^^. Got all the teams sig on a jersey once-- that was enough.

I think Nashville is small enough that if you wanted to run into them outside of the rink, most of us could list golf courses or grocery stores or restaurants where you would have a good probability of seeing them. And our practices are open at Centennial-- so you can have access when you want.

I think it is awesome to have the kids or new fans at these events. And the people that love crowds!

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I posted that I wasn't really interested in going. I ended up taking one of my sled hockey players (with his wife). They were very excited and went from station to station for autographs and photographs.

As I mentioned, I'm not all that interested in small talk and autographs. I love to attend practices and would jump at the chance for an Xs and Os session with coaches or players. Waiting in long lines for autographs... not so much.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
My wife and I went, it was a lot of fun, and less crowded than a couple of years ago. Some players are more into it than others..Wilson, Fisher, Smith, Josi, Clune, Pekka, Hutton were the most interested in interacting. Laviolette was ready for a convo as much as time allowed as well.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I took my 7 year old and was worth it for me just to see him interact with his hockey heroes. Kid's night was made and one he wont forget. That, my interwebby friends, is why the events are worth it.

On another note, there were lots of ladies all dolled up and waiting in line for some pekka. Kinda sad actually.

I imagine my granddaughter would like it, too--maybe next year. She's just now getting to the point that she's excited about coming to a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad