Tommy Wilson vs Tyler Bertuzzi

Better player

• Big Rig

• Todd’s Nephew

Results are only viewable after voting.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
2018/2019:
Wilson = 40 points in 63 games (5 power play points)| 1:24 PPTOI/GP and 2:14 SHTOI/GP
Bertuzzi = 47 points in 73 games (6 power play points) | 1:43 PPTOI/GP and 0:01 SHTOI/GP

2019:/2020:
Wilson = 16 points in 19 games (3 power play points) | 1:48 PPTOI/GP and 2:11 SHTOI/GP
Bertuzzi = 16 points in 19 games (4 power play points) | 3:27 PPTOI/GP and 0:33 SHTOI/GP

Last season, their offensive production was similar, but Wilson killed penalties and had a better impact on the game.

This season, they are again producing similarly offensive numbers, with the exception that Wilson gets PP time on the second unit for the last 30 seconds of a PP, whereas Bertuzzi is on the top power play unit. Wilson still is a great PKer and does everything else you could ask of a guy like him.

Close overall, but I'd still choose Wilson.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
2018/2019:
Wilson = 40 points in 63 games (5 power play points)| 1:24 PPTOI/GP and 2:14 SHTOI/GP
Bertuzzi = 47 points in 73 games (6 power play points) | 1:43 PPTOI/GP and 0:01 SHTOI/GP

2019:/2020:
Wilson = 16 points in 19 games (3 power play points) | 1:48 PPTOI/GP and 2:11 SHTOI/GP
Bertuzzi = 16 points in 19 games (4 power play points) | 3:27 PPTOI/GP and 0:33 SHTOI/GP

Last season, their offensive production was similar, but Wilson killed penalties and had a better impact on the game.

This season, they are again producing similarly offensive numbers, with the exception that Wilson gets PP time on the second unit for the last 30 seconds of a PP, whereas Bertuzzi is on the top power play unit. Wilson still is a great PKer and does everything else you could ask of a guy like him.

Close overall, but I'd still choose Wilson.

What does better impact on the game mean?

Hes basically played the last season plus this season with the best goal scorer of all time and Backstrom on his line. His line definitely has more impact on the game than Bertuzzis did last year but thats different than an individual player. Wilson is a good compliment to that line ebcause hes a straight line, get the puck out of the corners, crash the net and make space for his linemates type of player.

Bertuzzi plays a much more cerebral/skilled game depsite still being fairly physical and a pest. I'm not going to say hes definitely better than Wilson but he would definitely fit a lot of places in a line up better than Wilson would. Wilson has found a great role on a line with a tonne of talent (and wilson is skilled too) but hes got that niche that hes filling. Bertuzzi is a more versatile player with a lot more vision out there to set up plays and not just be more of a clean up guy on a great line

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
What does better impact on the game mean?

Hes basically played the last season plus this season with the best goal scorer of all time and Backstrom on his line. His line definitely has more impact on the game than Bertuzzis did last year but thats different than an individual player. Wilson is a good compliment to that line ebcause hes a straight line, get the puck out of the corners, crash the net and make space for his linemates type of player.

Bertuzzi plays a much more cerebral/skilled game depsite still being fairly physical and a pest. I'm not going to say hes definitely better than Wilson but he would definitely fit a lot of places in a line up better than Wilson would. Wilson has found a great role on a line with a tonne of talent (and wilson is skilled too) but hes got that niche that hes filling. Bertuzzi is a more versatile player with a lot more vision out there to set up plays and not just be more of a clean up guy on a great line
He's actually played on the 2nd line for the caps pretty much all season this year, only 3/16 of his points have Backy/Ovi involved. Last season only 19/40 points had Ovi or Backy involved, since he was fairly often switched between the top and 2nd line.

He's been proving that he doesn't need the power play or Ovi/Backstrom to put up offence. And when I say impact on the game outside of offence, I mean with his PK'ing ability, the fact that he's one of the most physical players in the league - without sacrificing defensive ability to do so.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He's actually played on the 2nd line for the caps pretty much all season this year, only 3/16 of his points have Backy/Ovi involved. Last season only 19/40 points had Ovi or Backy involved, since he was fairly often switched between the top and 2nd line.

He's been proving that he doesn't need the power play or Ovi/Backstrom to put up offence. And when I say impact on the game outside of offence, I mean with his PK'ing ability, the fact that he's one of the most physical players in the league - without sacrificing defensive ability to do so.
Tom Wilson - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

This website says differently. Hes played the most with Backstrom and Ovi this year

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Tom Wilson - Fantasy Hockey Game Logs, Advanced Stats and more - Frozen Tools

This website says differently. Hes played the most with Backstrom and Ovi this year

You can see his actual TOI with teammates here, just click the 'TOI With' column to sort it. Ovechkin is the other winger he's played the most with 5on5 but he's spent more time away from him than with him. Kuznetsov has been his center for almost all of the year.

Tom Wilson - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: filinski77

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
wilson is definitely better. not close either
I voted Wilson, but I definitely think it's close. Currently, Bertuzzi might be one of the most underrated players in the league. Long term, I think Bertuzzi's game will age better and his offensive output will be higher. Wilson does a lot that doesn't show up on the scoreboard, but Bertuzzi does as well.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I voted Wilson, but I definitely think it's close. Currently, Bertuzzi might be one of the most underrated players in the league. Long term, I think Bertuzzi's game will age better and his offensive output will be higher. Wilson does a lot that doesn't show up on the scoreboard, but Bertuzzi does as well.
I would echo these sentiments. Both players do a lot more than score points. For now I would give the edge to Wilson because he can PK, but I also think Bert is going to have a very long career.

I would want both players on my team in an ideal world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad