DOB: 5-2-1999, Truntov, Czech Republic
Catches: Left
Committed To: Connecticut (2018)

Season|GP|W-L|GAA|SV%|SO
2015-16|Hradec Kralove U18|28|N/A|1.29|.950
2015-16|Hradec Kralove U20|4|N/A|4.25|.884
2016-17|Corpus Christi|41|19-13-4|2.43|.923

Tomas Vomacka on Tomas Vomacka:

“I think I’m a flexible goalie with good skating in the crease,” Vomacka said.

“I still need to work on everything, but mostly I need to improve on my depth and work with my stick.”

Last edited:

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
Awesome to see Tomas get drafted, and to a great org like the Preds. I've known him since he was a baby. Great kid.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
May he always Stop the Puck
May his underpants never be dry*
May he have Blast in Nashville.

Tomas Vokey 2.0 I'll take it.

*2003, we'd gone on a pretty significant win streak with him in net starting in late December, not long after he'd become the starter He was interviewed by the Tennessean in early March (unfortunately my link and saved copy of the article was lost--you'll just have to trust me on the veracity here). He was asked a question and his response was "It's not like I'm out there and my underpants are dry" referring of course to it being strenuous and he was sweating. But I just got a kick out of how he described it.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
OK, TV V2.0 likes BBQ, admired TV v1.0, could reneg on UConn and go to AHL if he wants. He's a euro and not subject to the age limit.

If I was Poile find the best place for him to train, develop for 2-3 years.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
if Huska is in the Rangers plans maybe they sign him and get him out of there in time for TVo to be the starter for a couple of years

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
The thing I don't like about UConn is that they already have Adam Huska in goal. It might mean very limited playing time for Vomacka for the next two to three years.

Huska will be a junior by the time Vomacka is there, so he will either sign or be on his way to signing around the time TV really needs the work.

With him hopefully going to the USHL this year, maybe I'll get a chance to get over to a Fargo Force game and watch him play.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Thread has not been updated in three years.

Tomas Vomacka seems to be progressing nicely at UConn. After backing up Rangers prospect Adam Huska in his freshman season, Vomacka played 33 of 34 games this year after Huska signed an ELC following his junior year.

The Huskies were in the middle of the pack in Hockey East, before the season was cancelled.

Any impressions by those who have seen the Huskies play this year?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So backup in Milwaukee next year or loan to Europe?
Good question. I sort of figured he'd play his senior year at UConn next year instead of signing. With Ingram getting derailed this year, I figure he's the starter again in Milwaukee next year. Then I guess Cooley and Vomacka battle for backup, with the loser starting in the East Coast league?
:dunno:

Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad