Tomas Plekanec Appreciation Thread

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Great player, loved him, class act (up until his clash with Subban, but he's not the only one). 1000 games in today's NHL not easy... yet, posters here will still hate him for absolutely no good reason (as if f***ing JDLR is a good reason).

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Since 2005-2006 was the first season I was able to start watching every Habs game, I remember watching Plekanec start his NHL career off and saw almost every one of his games as a Hab.

He worked hard no matter where he was in the lineup and on a team that didn't have a #1C most of his career he did a very good job of stepping up to the challenge. Would have been cool to see him play all of his games in a Habs' uniform, but I am glad we at least got to see play his 1000th game and finish his career here.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Professional almost to a fault, showed up every night to do his job even when given respinsibiresp beyond his talent level.

Never the most skilled or tough or creative player, but a super smart two way player who was a good goalscorer at his peak and a very good penalty killer up until last year.

Overall a great career, and glad he made it to 1000 in the league.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I am officially getting old. I remember going to a Habs preseason game in I think 2003, maybe it was 2002, excited to get a look at the recent first round pick Chris Higgins. Came out thinking Higgins is okay but that Plekanec kid who also played in the game is going to be a real good one.

Going to miss no 14/35

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Pleky scored one of my favourite Habs goals ever, because I happened to be in the building that night. His goal against the Rangers to tie it up with barely any time left made me feel a rush of adrenaline and emotion that will probably never be matched. Then they went on to win it in OT, which was gravy. I know they went on to **** the bed in the series itself, but was that ever a great moment.

Great Hab. Great pro. I wish him nothing but the best.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm wearing a turtleneck today

... and I almost put on my Plekanec's tshirt :laugh:

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Always loved Pleks, always will, great soldier for the Habs for a long time.

Loved when he broke in that season with Higgins after the 05 lockout, always looked at him like a poor man's Koivu, but he became his own player in a lot of regards.

Solid career.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He was a very solid player. Your mind would be at ease when pleky would be on the ice.

At his best, I think he actually was a legit #1 center.

I just hope people remember him for what he was rather than what he became at the end of his tenure here.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Great player in his prime. Every coach worked him to death on the p.k. He was just unbelievable there.

Class guy. Someone who seemed to love Montreal and being part of the Canadiens. Loved him and Cammaleri together for that one season and epic playoffs.

Tomas "Jagr" Plekanec, thanks and good luck.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Plekanec was an integral part of our few long playoff runs. He's been a great Hab, no doubt.

I could see him having a career in coaching one day. Wouldn't hate seeing him behind the bench in a few years.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I remember one year, about one of the way through the season, Plekanec was second in the NHL in assists, behind Joe Thornton.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looking that there are at least 7 other sources who are appreciating him right now, on top of those in this forum:

Apply usual healthy dose of skepticism when news is being broken by Lavoie.

If true, he won't be finger twiddling as much.

2m93ts.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad