Speculation: Tomas Kaberle??

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Think Kaberle might be done. Probably six or seven better defensemen on the NYI as of today.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
I'd love the Isles to get Kaberle... about 10 years ago. Bringing him in now would be an awful dumpster dive, even by NYI standards.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I'd love the Isles to get Kaberle... about 10 years ago. Bringing him in now would be an awful dumpster dive, even by NYI standards.

I seem to remember prominent Kaberle-to-the-Isles rumors from 13 or so years ago — I guess from around the time we ended up acquiring Aucoin.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
I think you might as well sign this to a contract:

9t065i.jpg

AHB*

There are still some decent options out there on D. Kaberle is not one of them. He is a name signing only at this point.

Isles should be targeting some of the following, at the very least for a camp invite:

Colaiacovo
D. Morris.
M. Komisarek (Yes, really)
S. Salo
R. Diaz

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
The Isles are, fortunately, past the time when they need bodies on defense. Bodies, they have.

Kaberle could maybe be a bottom pairing guy who helps you on the PP at this point in his career (if, indeed, he still has a career). But, its not like the Isles are short on the bottom pairings.

They could use a quality vet in case Vish's head turns to mush though.

KOforprez2016

Jun 14, 2014
new york
i could see him being a solid vet, a mentor to the yound d squad, and a healthy scratch in case somebody goes down he would be the guy to step in. let the young guys like Donovan have the whole season in the AHL and if somebody goes down have kaberle be the guy to replace him

im just curious because he apparently does have a try out, so somebody is interested.

imagine if it was the isles

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
The bargain of the year was Erhoff.

Who would have guessed the Isles would miss that opportunity? lol

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
i could see him being a solid vet, a mentor to the yound d squad, and a healthy scratch in case somebody goes down he would be the guy to step in. let the young guys like Donovan have the whole season in the AHL and if somebody goes down have kaberle be the guy to replace him

im just curious because he apparently does have a try out, so somebody is interested.

imagine if it was the isles

Then I would vomit because Kaberle sucked two years ago. We need to swing a trade for a solid top 4, not pick up more geriatric BS.

Aucoin3

Aug 9, 2005
I wouldnt hand the man a contract but if he wants to come to camp and prove he is still a valid option on the blue line then why not. If he actually has something to offer and can prove it why not sign him for 1 season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad