Speculation: Tomas Jurco

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I hope the Canucks take a flyer on him. Can’t be worse than guys like Spooner and Granlund were for us last season.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Currently doing really well in AHL, will some team try to sign him in summer or is his NHL career over?

is he just a flashy stickhandler with a shot, or is he now more of a complete player?

Doesn't hurt for several teams to give him a free look, but whether he sticks somewhere likely requires more than one dimension.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Currently doing really well in AHL, will some team try to sign him in summer or is his NHL career over?

I can't find the article, but some time earlier this season, Jurco said he wanted to take his time healing from a 2nd back surgery, then hit the AHL around new year with the goal of working his way back to the NHL. Said something along the lines of he has plenty of time to go to the KHL later in his career.

26YO, seems to be healthy now and is productive at the AHL level. IMO, he's slightly ahead of only worthy of a PTO. He's at least worth an affordable 2-way deal as a low risk/high reward NHL depth winger or solid pro level organizational depth.

Last season he was allegedly still hampered by returning too quick from his 1st back surgery and put up some OK numbers (6G, 4A in 29 games) playing about 97% of his 12.5 minutes a night at 5v5.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
He looks good with Martin Necas in Charlotte. Could see him getting a shot with a team needing some depth scoring on the cheap next year.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Seems like an AHL'er or Europe bound for the rest of his career. It's not like he sucks or anything, he just isn't good enough at any one thing, to make sense being in an NHL lineup.

Reactions: Mister Ed

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
is he just a flashy stickhandler with a shot, or is he now more of a complete player?

Doesn't hurt for several teams to give him a free look, but whether he sticks somewhere likely requires more than one dimension.
I think he could be a Joel Armia with 3rd line upside on a bad team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He never returned to the same level of physicality he had before the back injury against Boston. I am not sure he can get back there either, it was a massive hit in his development and sometimes that just kind of happens. I wish him luck, I do think he is better suited to European hockey.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
His whole goal this year was to show teams that he's fully healed and ready to play. I think after the year he's had, he'll earn a "show me what you got kid" 1yr contract with someone that is willing to see if they can get more than their bang for the buck.

So far, he's put up solid numbers in the AHL and is playing regularly, that was one of the biggest hurdles he needed to get over after the injury he had.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Pardon me, this is HF.. i need to fully finish every sentence/thought. I'll re-post it just for you:

"This guy still hasnt made into the NHL, AS A REGULAR? :laugh:"
Then if the context wasn't incredibly obvious enough from the OP, I'll help you out. No. He hasn't.

Reactions: Pomee

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
He's another Brandon pirri. Too good for the AHL, thinks he can stick handle through NHL talent with his head down. Over thinks plays and often turns it over

Didn't mind him on the Hawks but he's not suited for bottom 6 and not talented enough for top 6.

Frankly he will probably go back to being a star on euro ice and that's best for him

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00