Waived: Tomas Jurco experiment is done

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
per link, the hawks have a contract with jurco until after the end of 2017-2018. so even if clears the waiver, the hawks is responsible for his contract duration. now if another team would have claimed him, they would be responsible for his contract.

https://capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
As I said before, coming off of back surgery is generally no easy feat and takes time. Give him a half a season in the Rock, then re-evaluate whether or not he is NHL material.
no matter what, his time in RFD, will be steps to recouping his value.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
He seemed not to have much in the way of hockey 'sense' out there. Not knocking him but just seemed like another AHL type guy out there.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
As I said before, coming off of back surgery is generally no easy feat and takes time. Give him a half a season in the Rock, then re-evaluate whether or not he is NHL material.

Agreed. I think JC should be able to remold him to better fit his skill and "reset" his game.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He seemed not to have much in the way of hockey 'sense' out there. Not knocking him but just seemed like another AHL type guy out there.
remember i am not a fan of jurco, esp of the trade. but that was then this is now.

he had that hockey sense to have made an impression, once. what ever detour he has taken, he just need to rebuild his once promising career. i am all for him to rebuild his career and to "right the ship, so to speak".

Reactions: BK

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It depends on him first and foremost, but also what the Blackhawks are looking for from him (which obviously, I hope they made explicitly clear).

I liked Jurco as a bottom 6 shot suppression guy in the vein of Ben Smith. But if that's not what they want him to be, if they want him to put up more points, then there are parts of his game he'll have to work on and bring out more.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It depends on him first and foremost, but also what the Blackhawks are looking for from him (which obviously, I hope they made explicitly clear).

I liked Jurco as a bottom 6 shot suppression guy in the vein of Ben Smith. But if that's not what they want him to be, if they want him to put up more points, then there are parts of his game he'll have to work on and bring out more.

That mentality is not conducive to the NHL these days. Long gone is Kruger, his zero offense and hopefully the dumb philosophy with it .... good riddance to it. Every forward should be a least a threat offensively when ops leave themselves vulnerable to such.

Reactions: LDF

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
That mentality is not conducive to the NHL these days. Long gone is Kruger, his zero offense and hopefully the dumb philosophy with it .... good riddance to it. Every forward should be a least a threat offensively when ops leave themselves vulnerable to such.
Do you really see am on ice drastic difference from what Matt Cullen provided the Pens to what Kruger brought. This is not counter to today's nhl.

I know people blamed Babs using Jurco in a grinder role but he wasn't actually harmful or bad doing that task, just so when he tried to use his hands and dangle players it didn't lead to much?

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

No.

Matt Cullen just won the Stanley Cup for a second time last year in the Kruger role as dungeon zone start taker. The only difference is, his zone starts were fairly easier than Krugers, and thus, his offensive output was proportionally higher.

The 3-1 model of 3 scoring lines 1 dungeon dzone shutdown line is actually spreading across the NHL compared to the days when it was basically only Q and Vigneault running it. Toronto, Tampa, Pittsburgh, etc. It's becoming a trend, not obsolete at all.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
oh man that is a fine line of a judgement call from fans and how they perceived the way the game is and or has change. i really look at it as you mention and there is no way i can find an opposite counter. the idea of putting out 4 lines that scores, with the final outcome is supplying the team and fans with a win.

long post short, you are right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad