Confirmed with Link: Tomas Hertl 17% retained, 2025 3rd, 2027 3rd to Vegas for C David Edstrom, 2025 1st

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Thornton, Marleau, pavs will all get there names on the cup as a shark when they all come back to lead the Sharks as the coaching staff.
Not sure it holds the same meaning but I’m hoping you’re right.

There's just not many players to hate in Dallas these days. Like it's kinda just down to Benn and he hasn't been much of a nuisance to the Sharks in a long time
I don’t even hate Benn that much mostly because I know how much the Vegas fans and players hate him. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all.

Reactions: OversKy and slocal

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
at the time of the trade, I honestly thought i would be okay seeing Hertl raise the cup cuz he was my favorite Shark for a good bit

but then i watched some of the VGK-Dallas series and my h8tred for that team came back to me like a rush of blood to the head

DEFINITELY all in on wanting to see Pavs raise the cup
I still love Hertl and appreciate all he gave for the Sharks, but I hope he never raises the Cup with Vegas. f*** them. I'd happily see Burns or Pavelski raise the Cup with their teams.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
really wonder where hertl's game is after this short stint in vegas so far. some of his usual puck protection and entry skills showed but he wasn't crisp. could be the injury but hard to say if he can run it back.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Vegas needs to let Stephenson go and have Hertl settle into a natural 2C role. He's not a first line winger, he's an all situations middle six center at this point in his career. And thanks to our retention they're paying him like one, at least until he declines.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Vegas needs to let Stephenson go and have Hertl settle into a natural 2C role. He's not a first line winger, he's an all situations middle six center at this point in his career. And thanks to our retention they're paying him like one, at least until he declines.
Think at this point Hertl's natural role would eating churros in the press box.

• Haha
Reactions: cheechoo

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
No one cares about your weird obsession with Hertl. It’s weirder than Hodge’s obsession with DW jr. At least there’s reason to hate DWjr.
Being happy about the team and Grier making a great trade is a weird obsession?

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
No continually shitting on a player that did absolutely nothing wrong and is no longer on the team every chance you get is a weird obsession. You have bumped 2 dead threads in the last week about him.
I mean yeah, you bump trade or prospect threads when there is an update to them right? As far as I'm aware this forum doesn't expect nobody to ever comment again on this stuff 48 hours after they happen.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Next year is probably the most important of Hertl's career IMO. He needs to play a full 82 (or only miss games due to being sick or personal reasons) and demonstrate that at his age he can still be relied on. If he misses significant time and Vegas gets a hard away 1st round matchup again as a result, Vegas management isn't going to be happy with or confident in him moving forward.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Next year is probably the most important of Hertl's career IMO. He needs to play a full 82 (or only miss games due to being sick or personal reasons) and demonstrate that at his age he can still be relied on. If he misses significant time and Vegas gets a hard away 1st round matchup again as a result, Vegas management isn't going to be happy with or confident in him moving forward.
Vegas may not make the playoffs next year. They’re on a similar trajectory to the Sharks in 2019. Older players with injury history and no prospects.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Vegas may not make the playoffs next year. They’re on a similar trajectory to the Sharks in 2019. Older players with injury history and no prospects.
Arguably worse cap situation too with Stone and Hertl making the big bucks.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
While of course i want that to happen, it's less likely. BUT, yes, that outcome represents another reason why next year is so important for Hertl. (please happen!)

Reactions: Lebanezer

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

The only player that can be considered a game changer on their team anymore is Eichel, and Eichel's time in Buffalo proves that he isn't a player a team can build around.

Reactions: Lebanezer

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I mean yeah, you bump trade or prospect threads when there is an update to them right? As far as I'm aware this forum doesn't expect nobody to ever comment again on this stuff 48 hours after they happen.
You can bump threads whenever you want. Your contributions that constitute an update in this thread aren’t really present. Hertl chose to leave, no need to take shots at him now, we can just let it go. We all want Vegas to suck, especially next year, hopefully it happens.

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
You can bump threads whenever you want. Your contributions that constitute an update in this thread aren’t really present. Hertl chose to leave, no need to take shots at him now, we can just let it go. We all want Vegas to suck, especially next year, hopefully it happens.
I mean people like @TheBeard were calling people dumb for not thinking Vegas were world beaters after this trade and that the 2025 1st might have some value.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I mean people like @TheBeard were calling people dumb for not thinking Vegas were world beaters after this trade and that the 2025 1st might have some value.
Like I did last time you pathetically called me out, show me where I said that.

It's people like you that make it hard to be a fan of sports. Congrats for officially doing everything in your power to ruin my enjoyment of Vegas losing. You're a real class act, Leeroy.

Also, congrats on being the first person I've ever put on ignore here. You should be proud.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I will always love and respect Tommy but I hope LilLeeroy is right and he has a shit season and contributes massively to the collapse of the Knights next year and for many years in the future.

There's no way they'll go as low as we've had to go, but I want that high pick and I would love to see Vegas suffer or at least be middling for a bunch of years.

More than likely, he'll be a decent but declining player and the trade will look better and better for the sharks. I feel bad for him as a person for his likely career decline but Team Teal baby, let's get us another prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad