Tomas Fleischmann

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's certainly a lot slower than he used to be. He's not going to wow anyone with his speed. Still has good instincts, hands and passing ability though along with a decent shot.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Good thing too, he's making 4.5 mil and it seems he's not the player he use to be by some of the comments on the main board. I'm sure he still upgrades our team though. Nice pickup. So now we have about 7 million in cap space right?
Well, the Panthers would rather have Dany Heatley in the minors than Fleischmann on the team, even though they're in a playoff hunt. That's a huge red flag. We'll see if this guy's actually an upgrade. At least, if he's a Bourque-type failure, we won't have to pay him next season.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
His flight yesterday was cancelled so he's doubtful for tonight according to Helene Elliott

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not expecting a ton of offense out of him. Maybe 35-40 point pace. But he has helped clear some dead weight off the roster so it's already a win

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Well, the Panthers would rather have Dany Heatley in the minors than Fleischmann on the team, even though they're in a playoff hunt. That's a huge red flag. We'll see if this guy's actually an upgrade. At least, if he's a Bourque-type failure, we won't have to pay him next season.

The Panthers wanted to make room for Pirri and Trocheck.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
And this is the guy they got rid of to do it.

Doesn't mean he was their worst winger. So many things comes into play when making a hockey deal.

Jussi Jokinen is signed for three more years. Boyes is also signed to another year. They are not gonna move youngsters like Hayes or Huberdeau. Thornton and Upshall are completely different players and are perfect for their 4th line with Derek MacKenzie. That basically leaves Kopecky, who they are probably trying to trade as we speak.

We let Daniel Winnik go to make room for DSP and Etem, even though we are a contender. And Winnik was no where close to our worst winger. I'd say he was clearly our 3rd best winger behind only Perry and Cogliano a year ago.

Last edited:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

We insisted that Toronto take Lupul as a cap dump in a playoff year. He's been sorta productive in a different system.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Beleskey - Getzlaf - Perry
Maroon - Kesler - Palmieri
Fleischmann - Rakell - Sekac
Cogliano - Thompson - Silfverberg

DaDucks*

3rd line needs a guy with a good shot... Whether it's flash or bels... Keep building around Ricky... Pretty happy with the org being on the same page with myself.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...oudreau-tomas-fleischmann-20150301-story.html

When the Ducks acquired left wing Jiri Sekac from Montreal last Tuesday, they put him in the lineup the next day without benefit of a practice with the team. Coach Bruce Boudreau is inclined to avoid repeating that with Fleischmann and instead wait to get him into a game. The Ducks are scheduled to practice on Monday in Arizona before facing the Coyotes there on Tuesday.

“That’s what I’m thinking,†Boudreau said after the team’s morning skate Sunday at American Airlines Center. “At this stage it doesn’t hurt to have a practice. I thought Jiri was much better in his second game than his first game and he just got thrown in there, not knowing anybody. So this might be a blessing in disguise, a little bit. And I’m sure he’s as nervous as all get-out.â€

Boudreau added, “We’ll see. I might get crazy. I’ve been there before….I’ve done lot of crazy things.â€

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
We insisted that Toronto take Lupul as a cap dump in a playoff year. He's been sorta productive in a different system.

Yeah, I'm not saying he'll definitely be terrible. I'm saying there's some red flags about this guy, just as there were around Lupul. He wasn't wanted there anymore than Lupul was wanted here (perhaps less).

Personally I'm not willing to pencil him in as an upgrade to anyone until I see him here.

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
Beleskey - Getzlaf - Perry
Maroon - Kesler - Palmieri
Fleischmann - Rakell - Sekac
Cogliano - Thompson - Silfverberg

I don't like Maroon in the top 6.

Beleskey-Getzlaf-Perry
Fleischmann-Kesler-Palmieri
Sekac-Rakell-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Thompson-Maroon

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Maroon makes no sense in a shutdown role.

And Kesler is straight up our best defensive forward, and that's the kind of thing that can win you hockey games in the playoffs. You need to match lines.

You would probably have more success leaning on Kesler more defensively, and trying to lean on Rakell a bit more offensively. He doesn't have Kesler's shot, but he is a more creative and shifty player. That puts both centers into a situation that plays to their strengths, and should benefit Anaheim overall.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Maroon makes no sense in a shutdown role.

And Kesler is straight up our best defensive forward, and that's the kind of thing that can win you hockey games in the playoffs. You need to match lines.

Same can be said about Palmieri.

Switch Kesler and Thompson if you want to use Kesler in a shutdown role.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Same can be said about Palmieri.

Switch Kesler and Thompson if you want to use Kesler in a shutdown role.

I agree. Palmieri makes no sense in a shutdown role either.

I definitely want Kesler in a shutdown role. Maybe not a dedicated one every single game, but certainly he'd be my go to guy against the opposing team's top players. That's something we really didn't have last season, and I think it cost us.

This is assuming that Boudreau will line match.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Why not?

Kesler and Palmieri don't make up a shutdown line.

Because he occasionally makes some really boneheaded decisions when pressured in the defensive zone. He's great on the PK and on faceoffs, but I don't want him getting 15+ minutes of ice time at ES. Both because I don't think he can handle it and because that time then gets taken away from Rakell and/or Kesler.

Silfverberg and Cogliano are our best defensive wingers, they need to be with Rakell or Kesler. Since Rakell has been clicking with Sekac and Etem, (And hopefully Fleischmann if he replaces Etem), I want those wings with the better centers, not sitting on the bench getting 4th line minutes. Maroon is a liability defensively, he drags down the Kesler line in that role. Palmieri isn't horrible but he's also not great.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Palms - Getz - Perry
Cogs - Kesler - Silf
Flash - Rakell - Sekac
Beleskey - Thompson - Maroon

I really like these lines, maybe swap palmieri and sekac. That line 2 is a defensive nightmare with offensive upside, line 4 is true grit. Others offensive situations

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
why does everyone keep putting our 2nd leading scorer on the 4th line with thompson?

we picked up sekac because he plays left wing and we have to many rws. why would we put him on the right?

more probable line up would be

bells getz perry
cog kesler silf
sekac rakell palms
flash thompson maroon / jackman

with beleskey, sekac, and palms being interchangeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad