Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs. the NY Ragdolls - 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The only thing I noticed after a couple of repeated viewing was Kuzy bee lining it to the bench for a line change after that dump in but camera angle switched, naturally, to OV on the net drive.

It was quite a bit before the dump so may need to go back. That's why I thought it was a signal to the d-men at first.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It was predictable though, and that's what makes this team effective: They're big and talented, and they can win playing a heavy game or through skill.

You can out-goon the Caps, but you can't out-goon and out-skill them.

Speaking of which - Panarin looked like garbage. That was the big shocker of this game to me.

You wouldn't know it listening to the usual anti-Cap suspects during the broadcast, who as usual spent most of the game talking about what NYR were doing wrong to stop the Caps, or gushing over some banal play by some Rongo, including Panarin.

Scoreboard, jackasses.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
:heart::heart::heart:

Also, I like Ovi's strategy here. Smart.

b32ee4c6-a3ae-40a6-92b9-9838b9b54153_screenshot.jpg

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The only thing I noticed after a couple of repeated viewing was Kuzy bee lining it to the bench for a line change after that dump in but camera angle switched, naturally, to OV on the net drive.

8:10 left in the 3rd. I just watched it again. Really looks like Kuzy is nodding to TVR to change, but it was also in the direction of the bench where Ovie was waiting. I think more likely coordination is the little stick signal Ovie gave to Kuzy once he came on the ice, quickly pointing to the corner.

Also, very close to too many men there. Guys were lazy getting off and if the refs wanted to be asses about it they might've called the goal back with Sheary still fairly far from the bench and Ovie activating.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

It's one game, but the defense is going to be fine IMO. Especially if they keep giving Orlov and Jensen the lion's share of the 5v5 minutes.

One thing about this D vs last year, they can all skate well, no antique pylons here. It also has to help that JC isn't broken.

This defense may not strike fear with their toughness or snarl, but they can all skate and none of them shy way from a check when needed.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I think the best part about last nights game for me was that there was no let up. They kept playing a full 60 mins we didn't have long period of time after we went up a few goals of NY handling play. We took it to them mostly from puck drop and didn't let up. Last year that was a sticking point and teams were let back into games they shouldn't have been. 1 game reaction - Great job keeping the door closed.

Also I'm not seeing a lot of love on VV but he played exceptionally well IMO. Can't put my finger on it but last night something looked different with his play. Very efficient with his movements nothing unnecessary and made the saves that needed to be made along with a few great ones (the one on Kakko comes to mind)

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Thankfully Vanecek came up big the 1st few minutes of the game to keep it 0-0, and a few other spots in the 1st before the Caps started shaking off the rust and playing well+together, could've been a much different game

other than that you couldn't ask for a better opening game of the season;
esp. love NYR having a big goose egg into the 3rd, holding Zibanejad/Panarin to just about invisible

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I think the best part about last nights game for me was that there was no let up. They kept playing a full 60 mins we didn't have long period of time after we went up a few goals of NY handling play.

Youre post just reminded me we had a 3rd period letdown problem last year.

I forgot about that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Youre post just reminded me we had a 3rd period letdown problem last year.

I forgot about that.

I thought about it after the Rongos had one on the board and were looking to go on the PP again, and the f***ing TNT crew (basically Caps-hating Olczyk) started hyperventilating about "IF THEY GET ONE HERE, LOOK OUT!!" or whatever.

Yes because suddenly being down 5-2 late in the 3rd is practically tied.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You wouldn't know it listening to the usual anti-Cap suspects during the broadcast, who as usual spent most of the game talking about what NYR were doing wrong to stop the Caps, or gushing over some banal play by some Rongo, including Panarin.

Scoreboard, jackasses.

Get with the program. The Rangers were the feature. The Caps the opposition. Just as with many here the Rangers are an exciting new playoff team and the Caps are old news/bubble at best. What happened last night was not supposed to

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

It's one game, but the defense is going to be fine IMO. Especially if they keep giving Orlov and Jensen the lion's share of the 5v5 minutes.

It's obviously too early to go parading around but I really hope this is an example of what I was saying: won't need to push many people out of your own crease if the opponent can't even get the puck in sniffing distance.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Thankfully Vanecek came up big the 1st few minutes of the game to keep it 0-0, and a few other spots in the 1st before the Caps started shaking off the rust and playing well+together, could've been a much different game

other than that you couldn't ask for a better opening game of the season;
esp. love NYR having a big goose egg into the 3rd, holding Zibanejad/Panarin to just about invisible

He's the only Ranger that terrifies me. He can change the momentum quick and just makes the most of his chances. Fox is a great upcoming defenseman and I was overall happy with the Caps. Zibanejad is just lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad