Player Discussion Tom Wilson, NHL All-Star (Part 3)

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
they are sooooooo bitter.

I want Willy to play a crazy clean game at least for a while and just score to infuriate them more.
I think we’ll see a further neutered Wilson. Not that that is a bad thing, because we need him on the ice creating space, scoring opportunities, and crashing net. I’d like to see Hathaway pick up more of the primarytough guy stuff.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2021-5-7_7-29-27.png

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
He turned out better than I ever would have dreamed of. He’s got an ability to throw entire organizations into disarray. It’s remarkable.

Yeah I think the Rangers were already in disarray before Wilson.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
I come in peace. I didn't read too much here so I don't know exactly where the Caps fans came in on the Tom Wilson thing but I can imagine. Over all I think it was a scrum and a bad decision by panarin. (Speaking of bad decisions...google Duncan Keith vs. Alexander Svitov)

I am not sure if I have seen anybody comment on what I am about to say but I think it is important. On NHL "On the Fly" highlights of the game, there is a 3 second video of the linesman or referee skating with Wilson towards the penalty Box and you can see Tom Wilson clearly asking the official "hey is Artemi okay".

I bet most of all Panarin says now boy what a dumb decision

And yes I would love to have Wilson on our team !!!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think we’ll see a further neutered Wilson. Not that that is a bad thing, because we need him on the ice creating space, scoring opportunities, and crashing net. I’d like to see Hathaway pick up more of the primarytough guy stuff.

Neutered no hit Willy creates no space

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I come in peace. I didn't read too much here so I don't know exactly where the Caps fans came in on the Tom Wilson thing but I can imagine. Over all I think it was a scrum and a bad decision by panarin. (Speaking of bad decisions...google Duncan Keith vs. Alexander Svitov)

I am not sure if I have seen anybody comment on what I am about to say but I think it is important. On NHL "On the Fly" highlights of the game, there is a 3 second video of the linesman or referee skating with Wilson towards the penalty Box and you can see Tom Wilson clearly asking the official "hey is Artemi okay".

I think its been reported that Wilson called Panarin

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Post of the week!

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
It's all fun and at all, but we don't know the long effect of this whole circus. It could be on long run, they neutralized Wilson which is bad. His value not only scoring goals and pk, his value to intimidate the opponent. Make them look twice over their shoulder before going into the corners. Also before the playoffs and against a team like Pittsburg, we are going to be under microscope on that extent that we wouldn't be able to play our game which is physicality and slow down opposition forwards.

So in short, it's all fun and all, but I'm pissed off on Rangers for trying to get us from our game and manipulate the league to make us not play our game.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
C'mon.

Tiger Williams

Pretty sure he bit Langway after cross checking Holt in the back of the head or neck. Broke his stick in case there was any doubt how hard he did it. He got suspended which helped Holt seal most PIMs that year. You think Willy was mad? You should have seen Holt. 3 Officials all on him and he was doing pushups.

1982-83 NHL Skater Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Some other candidates on that list heh

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
C'mon.

Tiger Williams

Pretty sure he bit Langway after cross checking Holt in the back of the head or neck. Broke his stick in case there was any doubt how hard he did it. He got suspended which helped Holt seal most PIMs that year. You think Willy was mad? You should have seen Holt. 3 Officials all on him and he was doing pushups.

1982-83 NHL Skater Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Some other candidates on that list heh
Check out Hunter at 4:50

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad