Tom Wilson Has Arrived At Last

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He is quite good, seems like getting Ovie and Backstrom back together has really helped the Caps. It's the classic goal scorer play maker power forward line that every team should have.

Reactions: ovikovy817

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Tom Wilson hate is great. He defends his teammates. He is a dominant hitter. He is as fast as any big man in the league skating. He is a top quality penalty killer. His defense is so good he plays the last shift with a one goal lead. He plays RW on an elite top line. Yea, my kind of scrub. {the order of the list is the order that he added those skills to his game}

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
why do caps fan think we're all mad. We're more laughing at you for proclaiming that Wilson has arrived. Caps fans have been saying for years that Wilson is the next big thing for them and he's disappointed every year, one 4 point game will not change that.

Last edited:

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Wow, he has 12 points in 25 games while getting top-6 minutes with Backstrom and Ovechkin as his most common line combination. Truly amazing.

Looking at this list reminds me of someone, remember when DSP got 13 points in 18 games with New Jersey at the end of the 2016 season while playing top-6 minutes? Just made me chuckle a little bit.
You can look up his most common line combination but fail to realize that combination has been in a small fraction of those 25 games. I could also point out the bottom 6 was a jumble of all kinds of lines prior to Wilson moving up, but why let facts ruin a good narrative?

Has he jumped anyone after delivering a perfectly legal hipcheck yet?
Well that is just a intellectually dishonest use of "jumped". Also, hip checking someone that has never controlled the puck is not legal.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Tom Wilson played his junior hockey here in Plymouth. We watched him develop from an awkward teenager into a first round draft pick. Even his first year here, Wilson would always give 100% on every shift. You could tell he worked his butt off during the summer to improve, as each autumn he improved a great deal as a skater and puck handler from the previous spring. In his final season, he and Bo Horvat were the best players on the ice during the Whalers conference finals matchup versus the London Knights.

After watching all the above, I will always be a Tom Wilson fan.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
The perfect modern tough player. I'd love to have a few Wilsons in every team instead of a bunch of Johan Larsson's and what not in the lower lines. Someone that actually adds some intensity and entertainment value.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Pens brought in Ryan Reaves to pound the visor wearing cowardly Tom Wilson's face to mush but alas the Washington coaching staff felt it wise to protect him from the beating he so richly deserves.:naughty:

Last edited:

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Tom Wilson played his junior hockey here in Plymouth. We watched him develop from an awkward teenager into a first round draft pick. Even his first year here, Wilson would always give 100% on every shift. You could tell he worked his butt off during the summer to improve, as each autumn he improved a great deal as a skater and puck handler from the previous spring. In his final season, he and Bo Horvat were the best players on the ice during the Whalers conference finals matchup versus the London Knights.

After watching all the above, I will always be a Tom Wilson fan.
This is what I've seen since he's been with the Caps. He's a hard worker who has improved every year. I still think he can be a 35-45 point guy who is great defensively and punishes opponents. I have never had a problem with spending the 1st on him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
This is what I've seen since he's been with the Caps. He's a hard worker who has improved every year. I still think he can be a 35-45 point guy who is great defensively and punishes opponents. I have never had a problem with spending the 1st on him.

that's highly unlikely. his teammate Lars Eller, has one 30 point season in his career and he's a much better offensive player than willy.

i kept dreaming he could be a 50+ point player too but the book is out he can't score in this league.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Pens brought in Ryan Reaves to pound the visor wearing cowardly Tom Wilson's face to mush but alas the Washington coaching staff felt it wise to protect him from the beating he so richly deserves.:naughty:

Yeah, because unlike Reaves, Wilson has earned more than 6 minutes of ice time per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad