Tom Mitsos trolling the Datsyuk Abby and Cleary Line

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Came across this article on yahoo sports. I usually don't care for much of the articles on there because they don't really seem to have any feel like how fans of said team actually feel about they're team or organization. However reading this article not only made me be like dang this guy is not only talking about what I'm talking about but much of HF on the wings board has been as well. Tom is also a Michigan native and covers the red wings for yahoo so I feel what he is saying in the article mimics what most of have been as well. Just thought I would share with ya guys! Cheers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pavel-datsyuk-needs-linemates-193200183--nhl.html

One quote in the article that seems like much of the wings board has also felt "It kills me to see Datsyuk's talent go to waste. Put some skill players around him so he can continue to produce like he did earlier in the season."

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Came across this article on yahoo sports. I usually don't care for much of the articles on there because they don't really seem to have any feel like how fans of said team actually feel about they're team or organization. However reading this article not only made me be like dang this guy is not only talking about what I'm talking about but much of HF on the wings board has been as well. Tom is also a Michigan native and covers the red wings for yahoo so I feel what he is saying in the article mimics what most of have been as well. Just thought I would share with ya guys! Cheers.

One quote in the article that seems like much of the wings board has also felt "It kills me to see Datsyuk's talent go to waste. Put some skill players around him so he can continue to produce like he did earlier in the season."

:handclap:

CloneHakanPlease*

I wouldn't call that trolling. I would call that observing.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I wouldn't call that trolling. I would call that observing.

Ok maybe my statement about trolling was a little outlandish however I do find it funny that during wings broadcasts or anything else of that nature nobody seems to be like hmm maybe you should pair him with some guys that can actually do something. It's frustrating to watch, glad someone other than us hf'ers has voiced they're opinion on the matter!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ok maybe my statement about trolling was a little outlandish however I do find it funny that during wings broadcasts or anything else of that nature nobody seems to be like hmm maybe you should pair him with some guys that can actually do something. It's frustrating to watch, glad someone other than us hf'ers has voiced they're opinion on the matter!

Well even last night the Wings broadcast with Mickey and Kenny started to talk about it.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Well even last night the Wings broadcast with Mickey and Kenny started to talk about it.

I remember hearing the reasons why they put abby and cleary with dats which was along the lines of a "big" body to create space or something like that. Didn't hear anything that was criticizing them aside from the stat that abby has like one point this year and his +/- and really needed to get "something" going.

CloneHakanPlease*

Meant no offense, just was trying to be funny

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

It's about time someone other than the posters on HF spoke up.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It's about time someone other than the posters on HF spoke up.

No ****, we cant count on the cowards within our media ranks. The only mention of Cleary I've heard was Valenti saying something along the lines of "and more ice time for dan cleary."

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Main reason why I posted the article, maybe someone else's voice can be heard and can reiterate what we have all been saying for what feels like months now lol.

After our last game, I was drunk as hell and just trying to rehearse what I would say if I called in. I'd be dropped within seconds. Trying to polish it up a more reserved speech for maybe Karsh and Anderson.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
After our last game, I was drunk as hell and just trying to rehearse what I would say if I called in. I'd be dropped within seconds. Trying to polish it up a more reserved speech for maybe Karsh and Anderson.

I know I was listening to 89x on the way to work today and they Tootoo on at 9am..I seriously wanted to go on a huge rant but knew I would get dropped immediately. I really wanted to be like so Tootoo what are your feelings on abby and cleary on a line Dats lol. I'd rather have Tootoo on a line with dats over those two lol, at least the guy tries and doesn't just randomly fall when crossing the neutral zone or look bamboozled when he has the puck on his stick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I know I was listening to 89x on the way to work today and they Tootoo on at 9am..I seriously wanted to go on a huge rant but knew I would get dropped immediately. I really wanted to be like so Tootoo what are your feelings on abby and cleary on a line Dats lol. I'd rather have Tootoo on a line with dats over those two lol, at least the guy tries and doesn't just randomly fall when crossing the neutral zone or look bamboozled when he has the puck on his stick.

I don't think there is 2 worse people you could currently put with Datsyuk on our roster...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was thinking Brad May and Aaron Downey.

Missing the on our roster point, although Downey is in the organization down in Grand Rapids, just not playing anymore.

Think Miller has actually been our worst forward most of this year. He isn't worth getting bent out of shape for as Abdelkader got the nice extension and Cleary is paid and given lots of opportunities to suck so they are at the front of the line.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Missing the on our roster point, although Downey is in the organization down in Grand Rapids, just not playing anymore.

Think Miller has actually been our worst forward most of this year. He isn't worth getting bent out of shape for as Abdelkader got the nice extension and Cleary is paid and given lots of opportunities to suck so they are at the front of the line.

What's wrong with Miller? He's a 4th liner that gets it done.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What's wrong with Miller? He's a 4th liner that gets it done.

That is why I am not bent out of shape over it. But he is the first guy I would get rid of. I know he was playing over his head a little last year. But just don't think he has been as physical or all that effective this season. He really needs Helm in my opinion.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He is wrong when he says that both Andersson and Tatar should play with Datsyuk. At this point one of them could.
Or if Babcock does not want to chance his top 6, then he could swap Franzen and Cleary/Abdelkader, giving Datsyuk one scoring winger. Why does Babcock use both Franzen and Brunner with Z?

crashman

Watching that line is infuriating.

Seriously, Mike Babcock has some ****** coaching schemes.

I know Adelkader is being misused at the moment, but I'd actually be fine with them trading him all together. He's very replaceable.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
It's nice to see someone at the national level say something but let's be real here;

Holland "likes where the team is at" and "getting a couple guys back is like adding someone at the deadline"

Babcock thinks "if they just keep playing strong with the puck hopefully a couple go in" or whatever generic quote he likes to throw out there.

The funny thing is they actually think people are buying that stuff

As Steven Tyler once sang "it's the same ol' song and dance, my friend"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad