Speculation: Tom Dundon so cheap

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
3488wt.jpg

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Former AAF owner Tom Dundon charges 'misrepresentations,'...

Dundon so cheap he's suing the AAF for his $70 million back. Monday morning quarterbacking that investment.

A lawyer involved in the case, who requested anonymity, said Dundon appeared to have two objectives. One was to remove himself from any litigation from creditors. But also by charging misrepresentations, the AAF’s executive and board insurance policies might get triggered and open a new pool of money.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Tom Dundon so cheap he replaced his scouting department with the used VCR Tom Golissano replaced the Sabres scouting department with in the mid 2000's he bought for $5 from Sabretooth who was fencing it outside the arena.

Reactions: Unsustainable

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Tom Dundon so cheap, he makes his family eat cereal with a fork to save milk

Tom Dundon so cheap, he goes to KFC and licks other people's fingers

Tom Dundon so cheap, Nigerian princes don't even bother sending him emails

Tom Dundon so cheap he put Teuvo's salary on layaway
Tom Dundon so cheap, he goes to Kennedy Fried Chicken and licks other people's fingers.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
What ever happened to the assertion, nay the absolute certainty, that the only reason Dundon bought in for the gaming technology? Pretty quiet on that front.
That was debunked. He didn't care about it at all.

Reading into this, it looks like Ebersol straight up lied to him and hid important financial details about just how much debt the league had already taken on prior to Dundon coming in. This actually looks a lot like straight up fraud on the part of the original founders of the league and Dundon is well in the right for taking the course of action he is.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007

Reading into this, it looks like Ebersol straight up lied to him and hid important financial details about just how much debt the league had already taken on prior to Dundon coming in. This actually looks a lot like straight up fraud on the part of the original founders of the league and Dundon is well in the right for taking the course of action he is.
Gotcha. I hadn’t heard much about it since the beginning on that front. I did read the ESPN article they had on the AAF, and Dundon straight up admitted he didn’t do his due diligence. I wonder if those interviews will be used on record in the court proceedings.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Also explains why he pulled the plug so quickly.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
If there's one thing all good business people do, it's cut your losses quickly.

Agreed. But if once he got a look under the hood, he came to the realization that he had been lied to and manipulated, it became far less likely he'd give Ebersol and Polian the benefit of the doubt.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Tom Dundon so cheap Aho is a tier above Marner in offer sheet speculations.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
If there's one thing all good business people do, it's cut your losses quickly.
I was told it was that they knew the value of their assets.

Part of the problem is confusing billionaires with good business people. After watching "The Inventor" on HBO and reading "The Last Days of Night," my bias is stronger than ever that many of the super wealthy are not smarter or better than any of us. They just seem more committed to wealth.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I was told it was that they knew the value of their assets.

Part of the problem is confusing billionaires with good business people. After watching "The Inventor" on HBO and reading "The Last Days of Night," my bias is stronger than ever that many of the super wealthy are not smarter or better than any of us. They just seem more committed to wealth.
There's a strength of will and a ruthlessness factor as well.
EDIT: but I still contend that most super successful people, and the operative word is most, seem to not engage in as much "throwing good money after bad".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad