Signing(s): Tom Brady signs with the Buccaneers (2 years, $50 million)

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Right when it started looking like he might not have it in him, he stepped it up big time. The defense has been awesome as well but this guy came as advertised, perhaps better. Raises his game when the chips are down even at 43. Happy for him and the city.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Right when it started looking like he might not have it in him, he stepped it up big time. The defense has been awesome as well but this guy came as advertised, perhaps better. Raises his game when the chips are down even at 43. Happy for him and the city.
Is that was throwing all those picks was?

I will defend to my deathbed that Brady is not the GOAT.

Given hindsight and a choice, I would take Manning or Rogers at the start of their career to build my franchise around.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012

Given hindsight and a choice, I would take Manning or Rogers at the start of their career to build my franchise around.

Two of the picks against GB were short punts.

bov

Nov 13, 2010

After the loss to KC he noticeably stepped up his game. Guess you had to wait until the NFC championship (in victory, no less) to find something. Compelling stuff!

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
After the loss to KC he noticeably stepped up his game. Guess you had to wait until the NFC championship (in victory, no less) to find something. Compelling stuff!
So the chips were "down" as far back as week 12?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Using your logic ( hindsight anda choice) I would take Brady every time because he would win me at least 6 Superbowls! Twice as many as Manning and Rogers combined.
and if he isn't the GOAT who is?

Reactions: Bocephus86

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Using your logic ( hindsight anda choice) I would take Brady every time because he would win me at least 6 Superbowls! Twice as many as Manning and Rogers combined.
and if he isn't the GOAT who is?
You're misnuderstanding the game. You don't get all the players accomplishments. Just him as a rookie. You'd have to build the winning coaching staff and roster around him too. Unless you think Brady did all alone.

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
So the chips were "down" as far back as week 12?
Yes, they had dropped 2 straight and many thought the Bucs wouldn't do anything at all at that point. Some were even questioning if they would make the playoffs. Talk about going to "hilarious lengths", your need to disparage a player of that calibre is the only thing here worth a chuckle.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You're misnuderstanding the game. You don't get all the players accomplishments. Just him as a rookie. You'd have to build the winning coaching staff and roster around him too. Unless you think Brady did att alone.
Well if get him as a rookie why would you pick a guy like Rodgers who fell like a stone in his draft year? And for all his physical talent has only won one NFC championship and Superbowl.
I think you are assuming the success of Brady was due in large part to the team surrounding him and the coaches he had. So why when he moves to a new team this year that has had no success in the last dozen years that it's suddenly in the Superbowl? Most years in New England Brady was surrounded by average offensive talent at best and they still won. When he had quality talent he and the team excelled. Brady certainly never had the physical gifts like many other great QBs but he was blessed with more football smarts, competitive fire and determination than virtually everyone of them.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Well if get him as a rookie why would you pick a guy like Rodgers who fell like a stone in his draft year? And for all his physical talent has only won one NFC championship and Superbowl.
I think you are assuming the success of Brady was due in large part to the team surrounding him and the coaches he had. So why when he moves to a new team this year that has had no success in the last dozen years that it's suddenly in the Superbowl? Most years in New England Brady was surrounded by average offensive talent at best and they still won. When he had quality talent he and the team excelled. Brady certainly never had the physical gifts like many other great QBs but he was blessed with more football smarts, competitive fire and determination than virtually everyone of them.
Have you seen Tampa's receiving core?

If they had at least an above average QB the last couple years they would have been fine. And their defence has been fantastic, bailing out ol' Tommy Teriffic all year. There was a stretch in November where they lost 3 of 4 and Brady threw multiple picks in each game. But those were just arm punts right? Before that the D gave up 20+ twice in 10 games. Against the Packers the defence and poor calls from those in different shirts than him bailed him out... again.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Have you seen Tampa's receiving core?

If they had at least an above average QB the last couple years they would have been fine. And their defence has been fantastic, bailing out ol' Tommy Teriffic all year. There was a stretch in November where they lost 3 of 4 and Brady threw multiple picks in each game. But those were just arm punts right? Before that the D gave up 20+ twice in 10 games. Against the Packers the defence and poor calls from those in different shirts than him bailed him out... again.
You sound like a butthurt fan from another team that can't stand greatness. You know Brady was the 2nd highest rated QB in the NFL this year? He also threw the least number of "turnover" worthy passes in the whole league this year? And yes Brady and the team had a few blips this year but guess what.... they are in the Superbowl and Brady is back there for #10.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
You sound like a butthurt fan from another team that can't stand greatness. You know Brady was the 2nd highest rated QB in the NFL this year? He also threw the least number of "turnover" worthy passes in the whole league this year? And yes Brady and the team had a few blips this year but guess what.... they are in the Superbowl and Brady is back there for #10.
Another ridiculous post. Everything he said was true.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Right.... anyone dare voice an opinion against the walking god known as Tom Brady is just a hater. That'll convince me. Part of my problem is the way people talk about him, fans and media. He's perfect, infallible. If you say different, you're a hater.

But I can't stand greatness... whatever that means. I've seen the team I cheer for win the Superbowl and have several HOF players.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
PFF QB rating 2020-21 season

1)Aaron Rodgers 95.1
2)Tom Brady 93.7
3)Deshaun Watson 92.5
If you're going to reference obscure unofficial metrics from third party analysts at least make it clear so we can all be on the same page.

I neither follow nor understand the the metric you are referencing. Do you? At least they have the rightful current greatest on top.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Right.... anyone dare voice an opinion against the walking god known as Tom Brady is just a hater. That'll convince me. Part of my problem is the way people talk about him, fans and media. He's perfect, infallible. If you say different, you're a hater.

But I can't stand greatness... whatever that means. I've seen the team I cheer for win the Superbowl and have several HOF players.

See you go to extremes to justify your position. "walking god"? Don't be so dam ridiculous. He's not perfect , he make mistakes but over the course of a career no one has been better.
And I 'd love to critique your team and favourite players if you'd open up as to who they are.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
See you go to extremes to justify your position. "walking god"? Don't be so dam ridiculous. He's not perfect , he make mistakes but over the course of a career no one has been better.
And I 'd love to critique your team and favourite players if you'd open up as to who they are.
I wouldn't care if you did. But I also don't see how my team or favorite players are relevant. I'm not attacking you personally for liking him.

I've been very clear in the past of what team I cheer for. It's not relevant to this discussion but I'm sure you can figure it out if you really care.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
If you're going to reference obscure unofficial metrics from third party analysts at least make it clear so we can all be on the same page.

I neither follow nor understand the the metric you are referencing. Do you? At least they have the rightful current greatest on top.

How about I tell you about who complies those stats.:
Neil Hornsby founded PFF in 2006 as nothing more than a hobby. Somehow it took on a life of its own and in 2014, with 13 NFL teams as customers and 8 full-time staff, the then UK based company was purchased by Cris Collinsworth and moved to the US. With Hornsby as Chief Operating Officer, PFF has grown to become the preeminent provider of data and analytics to all 32 NFL teams, 73 NCAA FBS teams as well as virtually every major media outlet covering football. It now has just under 100 full-time employees covering four countries and nine time zones

Ohhhhh an Aaron Rodgers fan....... I should have known.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad