NFL: Tom Brady retires for good this time

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow

pretty surprised he didn't return for one last season but it's not like he had anything to prove anyways. hard to believe it's been 20 years since that SB win over STL

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I thought for certain he would do one more year…especially after the season he had. His arm clearly hasn’t been lost (e.g. Manning), but I suppose it’s fitting Brady wants to leave with a bit left in the tank. I also thought he’d want to make it to 45, just to prove he could.

Wow. One of those retirements that was long overdue (relative to age) but still feels weird as hell now that the day is here. Really the end of an era for the entire league.

Sep 19, 2008
Sources: Brady retiring after 22 years, 7 rings

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 seasons in which he won a historic seven Super Bowl titles, sources told ESPN.
When Brady, widely considered the greatest quarterback in NFL history, left the field following the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' loss to the Los Angeles Rams last week, he knew it was likely his final act as a football player, sources said. In the days since, he has spent time digesting that mindset and is preparing his retirement announcement along with the next chapter of his life and career, sources said.
Sources said that Brady's decision to retire is based on several factors, including family and health. While less significant, Brady also recognizes that the Buccaneers are likely to undergo significant roster turnover, sources said.
Brady, 44, has been adamant for weeks that he never wanted a "farewell season," and many who know him believed he desired a decision made without much drama leading up to it. He will shift focus to new endeavors and believes this is the right moment to end his playing career, sources said.
It is unknown when Brady will formalize his plans to retire, but it will be made with consideration to not upstage the NFL's postseason games or Super Bowl.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Man the NFC South is going to suck ass next year.

7 super bowl wins, multiple MVPs, arguably the greatest clutch performer in the history of the sport. Performed at a stupidly high level from day 1 until the end.

The NFL won't ever be the same.
Not a huge Football fan but he's probably the most "clutch" "playoff performer" in any sport ever.

Enjoy retirement sir, hopefully he waits a few years to get back in in some fashion.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
i wonder if he gets the gretzky treatment and immediately gets into the HOF

if anyone deserves it, it's him
I’d like to think it’s his last FU to Big Ben. They’re eligible to enter at the same time…and Brady would completely overshadow Ben’s entrance :laugh:

Reactions: Terry Yake

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I was in middle school when Brady won his first Superbowl. I'm now in my early to mid-30's. Helluva a career, and didn't exit with terrible years trying to hang on. There is probably an entire generation of passionate fans slightly younger than me, who don't remember the NFL without him.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Gotta say, I hated that mother f***er. Absolutely hated him. Hated his smug look. Hated how he was never on a bad team. Hated how he waltzed into a first round bye every season. I celebrated when someone beat him.

But he was so f***ing good. Just unreal what he did and how much he changed over the years to be at the forefront of the modern passing game. He was very much a bridge between eras and was awesome in both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad