Toivonen Prospect Rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
I just posted on the HF Top50 Prospects thread saying that i feel that Toivonen is a better prospect then Leclair,Oulette,Emry, or Bryzgalov.
Now i never saw Bryzgalov play so i dont really know but ive seen plenty of the other netminders in question and i deffinatly feel that Toivonen is something special. Not only does he have unbelievable skill and upside, he also has an awsome attitude and willingness to pay his dues and learn. IMO he is right now the third best Goal prospect in the game behind MA Fluerry and Kari Lehtonen. I just wanna hear some input from outher hockey fans, lemme know how ya feel bout Hannu and how he fairs amongst the other goal prospects out there.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Yeah id have to say that i like Tiovonen even better then Emery. I know that my opinion may be a little biased, but Toivonen is just the type of Goaltender that just makes ya feel confident when hes in the net. Hes so big he takes up so much room , while still moving excellent and showing awsome mobility. I mean when he goes down in the butterfly he just spring right back up with ease, he doesnt even need any leverage, he just springs back up. I dont even really know how to explain it but i know that hes something special. I cant wait till the day when hes starting in Boston, Hannu is gonna play his way into the starting job in Beantown and force an eventual Raycroft trade as crazy as that sounds right now :teach:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Toivonen is IMO better than all the goalie prospect except: Fleury and Lehtonen !!
but Bryzaglov is not very far from him!!
my goalie ranking =
1-Lehtonen
2-Fleury
3-Toivonen
4-Bryzaglov
5-Emery

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
Toivonen is IMO better than all the goalie prospect except: Fleury and Lehtonen !!
my goalie ranking =
1-Lehtonen
2-Fleury
3-Toivonen
4-Bryzaglov
5-Emery

Holy...a Habs fan actually rating a BRUINS prospect ahead of one of their own?

Amazing! :lol

st_roland

Stock Rocks said:
Holy...a Habs fan actually rating a BRUINS prospect ahead of one of their own?

Amazing! :lol

Which of the prospects that we've been discussing is a prospect of montreals?

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Kryoptix said:
my goalie ranking =
1-Lehtonen
2-Fleury
3-Toivonen
4-Bryzaglov
5-Emery

I like your list best, nice work (though Toivenen is stuck behind a 23 year old vezina candidate, that doesn't bode too well for his future. I smell trade)

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
MisterUnspoken said:
I like your list best, nice work (though Toivenen is stuck behind a 23 year old vezina candidate, that doesn't bode too well for his future. I smell trade)
This is not a bad problem. Two Top 10 Goalies! We will get a good amount back for whoever they trade. It will be a tough call on who to let go

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I agree except for Oulette, whom I'd take ahead of Toivonen. The rest I'd say he's better than.

As well, I think young Yotes goaltender David LeNeveu could jump up and end up being better than a lot of young guys out there.

All in all though, Toivonen is way up there.

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
st_roland said:
Which of the prospects that we've been discussing is a prospect of montreals?

On this thread, none. But I can find oodles and oodles of posts declaring that Ron Hainsey, Mike Komisarek, Chris Higgins, Perezhogin and whoever else happens to be the flavor of the month will dominate.

It's very comical.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Kryoptix said:
my goalie ranking =
1-Lehtonen
2-Fleury
3-Toivonen
4-Bryzaglov
5-Emery

1. Lehtonen
2. Fleury
3. Ouellet

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Wally112pac said:
Na.

I meant 2 good young goalies. 1 had to go and 1 did.

Yeah it would be a good comparision, I think Hannu is something special, gonna be a top 5 goaltendin in the league :banana:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
bruins8152 said:
Yeah it would be a good comparision, I think Hannu is something special, gonna be a top 5 goaltendin in the league :banana:

I dunno about that. I think Raycroft will always be better than him, frankly.

Vic Rattlehead*

oh well, hannu will play backup first, than one of them will have to be traded. We will get a lot in return for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad