• Vladislav Halal

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
6 pts off our pace at game 40 last year (someone told me recently we were better pts wise than last year that’s not true)

But that 6 pts would have us in 1st right now. We threw away a lot of pts stupidly early on as I mentioned the other day but I think this is more so the team we thought we’d be. Starting to score and the goalies are playing much better. As Vally said those percentages are heading to where they should be.

Home ice is back to being a realistic proposition for this club at the half way point as tight as it is. Saturday can really put the devils in a spot where a loss is going to make them feel like they’ve given back everything they worked for to start the year.

Washington right there ready to pass them as well

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So KAD's contract we've known for a while is expensive to renew........Chytil with 21 points(11 goals) in 31 games ain't going to be cheap........I hope Drury comes up with something creative trading Kravy and Laffy.
And then you realize that most of that Chytil scoring is even strength. Oof.

But lol no, trading Kravy and/or Laf for CAP SPACE would be the most horrendous way of asset management in the history of the league. I would rather buy out a veteran or two to make it happen. Not like Kravtsov or Lafreniere are going to be expensive this rate either.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
6 pts off our pace at game 40 last year (someone told me recently we were better pts wise than last year that’s not true)

But that 6 pts would have us in 1st right now. We threw away a lot of pts stupidly early on as I mentioned the other day but I think this is more so the team we thought we’d be. Starting to score and the goalies are playing much better. As Vally said those percentages are heading to where they should be.

Home ice is back to being a realistic proposition for this club at the half way point as tight as it is. Saturday can really put the devils in a spot where a loss is going to make them feel like they’ve given back everything they worked for to start the year.

Halak started 1-6-1.

3 out of a possible 16 points earned.

If we just went .500 in those 8 starts that's an extra 5 points and we'd be right there for 1st. Frustrating, but we know how good Shesty is and how good we are when he's in net. We can compete with anyone.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Win the games you have to win. Montreal sucks, glad we got the win. Halak looked pretty good again, that’s good considering all the b2bs and 3 in 4 nights we have in the second half.

We can pass the Devils if we beat them on Saturday.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

the crazy part is we're not even close to playing to our full capability IMO

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
And then you realize that most of that Chytil scoring is even strength. Oof.

But lol no, trading Kravy and/or Laf for CAP SPACE would be the most horrendous way of asset management in the history of the league. I would rather buy out a veteran or two to make it happen. Not like Kravtsov or Lafreniere are going to be expensive this rate either.
What do you mean by buy out a veteran ?

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Hopefully Chytil is scratched next game for not giving Laf the puck to score an EN goal. Even Mr Laf got out of his seat and left in disgust.
When I saw that I lost some respect for Chytil. Should have let Laf score that goal in front of his hometown fans and family

Reactions: Rangers in 7

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Heetil right now is the funniest post-goal “emoter” - - - he seems so upset at scoring a goal (or two), but I think there’s a monumental level of frustration that’s built up.

I pray he can get to his happy place soon (like his celebration after scoring against Canes last playoffs).

A happy Fil can help get this team onto a hol nubba level.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Good night for us. Canes Devils and Leafs all lost. Penguins and Isles losing.

Reactions: bl02

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

They already have. I don't know how to look it up but I think they lead the division by double digit points at one time and lead the Rangers by 15 or so.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
It was until I remembered I still had New Year’s Eve eggnog in the refrigerator and spiced rum in the liquor cabinet.
Smooth sailing from then on.
I've been reducing my alcohol consumption to run of the mill alcoholic level in comparison to my skid row wine-o levels of December.

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I had it recorded and I've replayed it 5 times. He had no easy opportunity to give Laf the puck and if he did the Hab player was right there to strip it from him.

He's seen enough f***ing around by the veterans on empty-net situations to know that it ends up with no one scoring, so he didn't f*** around.

#development

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I had it recorded and I've replayed it 5 times. He had no easy opportunity to give Laf the puck and if he did the Hab player was right there to strip it from him.
Yeah, I hate when they screw around trying to get a given player to score. Get the EN goal when you get a chance. End the game.

Plus it's good for Chytil to be hungry to score. You want your offensive players to recognize & seize chances. It's OK to be selfish if the puck goes in. Don't defer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot