Proposal: Toffoli to Sabres

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
I have also like Toffoli as a player and was wondering if something akin to this would work

To LA:
Guhle (Was our top D prospect until Dahlin) (Very fast smooth skater, I really like him still but you guys are looking for speed and he certainly has that in spades)
Moulson (Mainly a money thing, he's already on your AHL squad and with the buried savings would equal Toffoli's contract about)
SJS or St. L's 1st

To BUF:
Toffoli
LA's 3rd in 2019/2020 varies on when you get the 1st
LA's 4th in 2019

So what do you think? You get a conditional 1st and a solid D prospect for Toffoli

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Don't give up St. L's 1st, it could become a top 5 pick.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
So Kings give up 2 picks so they can pay Moulson almost 4 million to play in the AHL. niceee. The Sabres are the ones to give Kings the picks for doing that. Add your 3rd and remove the Kings picks.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I have also like Toffoli as a player and was wondering if something akin to this would work

To LA:
Guhle (Was our top D prospect until Dahlin) (Very fast smooth skater, I really like him still but you guys are looking for speed and he certainly has that in spades)
Moulson (Mainly a money thing, he's already on your AHL squad and with the buried savings would equal Toffoli's contract about)
SJS or St. L's 1st

To BUF:
Toffoli
LA's 3rd in 2019/2020 varies on when you get the 1st
LA's 4th in 2019

So what do you think? You get a conditional 1st and a solid D prospect for Toffoli
Moulson is a boat anchor.
Taffoli for Guhle straight up. Taffoli is struggling and Guhle is a projected top 4 defender and a very good prospect.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Keep the St.Louis 1st, trust me.

Also, your D is atrocious. But Risto, Dahlin, and Guhle are fixing that. They are gonna be your core group of dmen. Build around them on the back end.

Edit: meant Pilut instead of Guhle. I guess Guhle could be traded for help in other areas.

Last edited:

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Also, your D is atrocious. But Risto, Dahlin, and Guhle are fixing that. They are gonna be your core group of dmen. Build around them on the back end.
Guhle is playing in the AHL so how is he fixing that? Maybe you meant Pilut?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I'd be all about trading for Toffoli, but I hardly feel he warrants a 1st round pick. He's been on the fall for over a season. So yes, I do like the idea of acquiring another mid twenties forward to go with our core group, but right now the weakness of the Sabres is adding an upgrade over Sobotka and Berglund on the C core and perhaps some additional speed.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Toffoli is a "change of scenery" type player and they rarely get full value let alone an overpayment. He'd definitely return more than Pearson did but less than the OP proposed.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Toffoli is a "change of scenery" type player and they rarely get full value let alone an overpayment. He'd definitely return more than Pearson did but less than the OP proposed.
I'm not buying that. Even on the tire fire Kings hes on pace with his career average. He's better than Tatar who got a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. I'd say something like that as a starter.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Edit: meant Pilut instead of Guhle. I guess Guhle could be traded for help in other areas.

No trading STL 1st nor SJ 1st. Both picks could be unprotected lottery picks in 2020.

If I was going to look for a winger my first choice would be Ehlers from Winnipeg given there cap problems this off season.

Buffalo has to send salary back if acquiring Toffoli. The team is against the cap due to injuries.

Buffalo has defensive depth.

Looking ahead toward expansion draft...

Protect— dahlin, Ristolainen, Pilut
Exposed— McCabe ( resigned), Guhle, Borgen, others in Rochester
Exempt —Samuelson, Laaksonen, Fitzgerald, nyberg, 19 or 20 1st round picks

For Toffoli it woukd have salary retained or moulson goes back, Guhle, BUF 1st protected

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
The Sabres are going to pay Moulson this final season. Same with Pominville, who in a 3rd line RW capacity is value.

Buffalo does need Middlestadt to center a 3rd line in a somewhat match up favorable scenario to allow him time to fill out his frame a bit.

So a 2nd line center, 2nd line LW are necessary for them to take the next step imo. It doesn't have to be all this season, but addressing one should be on Botterill's agenda.

I believe if Botterill is to make a trade it's going to be for that center spot. He'll be looking to move salary beyond Moulson.
There could be a deal to be had out there with all the ammunition in assets he has.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
La is not giving up picks and taking a cap dump . Also a left handed defense man is not high on las need of prospects. We have Clague, Brickley, Anderson *on team usa under 18 Jacob Moverare on team Sweden under 18 all prospects i would rather see get a shot before bringing in someone else. Moulson has negative value. La should not be giving up any pick as they need as many as possible to restock the system Kings need offence not trading away one of the few players that can score

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
I'm not buying that. Even on the tire fire Kings hes on pace with his career average. He's better than Tatar who got a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd. I'd say something like that as a starter.
He may be better than Tatar, but one that trade was silly and an overpayment from Vegas, and two Tatar was under contract for a further three seasons, while Toffoli is a UFA in just over 18 months.

It's probably going to be closer to a 1st and a good prospect, not 3 top 90 draft picks.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Toffoli is on pace for 13 goals and 35 points this year. Much worse than that over the past 15-20 games. He isn’t a game changer, isn’t physical, isn’t a great skater, and is only an average passer. When he isn’t scoring he doesn’t do anything else. As others have pointed out, his game has slipped over the past year. He used to be effective on the PK but he that seems to have disappeared. I watch him and he does nothing game after game. Seriously, can you dispute any of that? And to top it off he is overpaid and a UFA in 1 1/2 years. There are MUCH better options out there for a team to spend significant assets on. Toffoli is not one of them right now

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Toffoli is on pace for 13 goals and 35 points this year. Much worse than that over the past 15-20 games. He isn’t a game changer, isn’t physical, isn’t a great skater, and is only an average passer. When he isn’t scoring he doesn’t do anything else. As others have pointed out, his game has slipped over the past year. He used to be effective on the PK but he that seems to have disappeared. I watch him and he does nothing game after game. Seriously, can you dispute any of that? And to top it off he is overpaid and a UFA in 1 1/2 years. There are MUCH better options out there for a team to spend significant assets on. Toffoli is not one of them right now

I don't think Tt is overpaid, his production has dropped, but the whole teams has. No one looks great on a last placed team.

I agree that he isn't really a game changer, but if you slot him into the right situation, with a creative strong center he will score plenty of goals and still be responsible on the d side.

I don't see how his contract is a negative at all in comparison to tatar.

I'd ask for a 1st + decent prospect for tt

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Where does 12 points in almost 30 games plus games read consistent?

To be fair, I think he's reacting to your "for over a season" part, which isn't accurate at all, but to answer your question here, the same way you read the rest of the Kings--they're all f***ing terrible this year.

I would take the past 5 years of history over 30 games, which people are either doing A. because they're ignorant of the current Kings' situation or B. they think they'll talk fans into a deal as if he's garbage which is just asinine. Toffoli is 26, not late 30s. He's a complementary sniper. You either trade for him at fair value because you think he's going to bounce back to full strength with a change of scenery, or you think he's trash and thus don't trade for him at all. It's fine either way. Don't pretend he's worse BUT that you want him for cheap, that's just having your cake and eating it too, and probably the dumbest thing about this forum, the used-car-sale pitch.

You want goals at the deadline? It will cost you. You don't? That's cool too. But no one is walking off with Tyler Toffoli for a mid round pick and some run of the mill prospect either. Even more so if there's salary retention or a bad contract coming back involved. Kings don't need to fleece themselves.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Personally I’m not sure if Buffalo should be giving up assets for a right wing. That side is a little weak right now, but in the future a right side of Reinhardt, Nylander, Thompson, and Okposo will be really strong. Keep all the first to load up on more young talent, save to 4.600M in cap space for a free agent acquisition.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad