Value of: Toffoli to Hurricanes

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Just read that the Hurricanes are trying to trade for a top-six winger ASAP since they couldn't land Nylander.

As a Kings fan, I would like to know what the Hurricanes would offer for Toffoli. My guess is it would start with a 1st and a prospect. I'm not familiar with Carolina's prospects so I won't name anyone specific.

He's 26 years old, RW (can play LW), cap hit $4.6M for this year and next year so he isn't a rental, and last season had: 24G / 23 A / 47 P. His best season was 31G / 27A / 58P.

I feel like he would really do well in the eastern conference... or just anywhere else but LA *cry laugh cry*. He's a pure sniper.

Feel free to add anyone else on with Toffoli because everyone seems to be available besides Kopitar and Doughty :help:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Just read that the Hurricanes are trying to trade for a top-six winger ASAP since they couldn't land Nylander.

As a Kings fan, I would like to know what the Hurricanes would offer for Toffoli. My guess is it would start with a 1st and a prospect. I'm not familiar with Carolina's prospects so I won't name anyone specific.

He's 26 years old, RW (can play LW), cap hit $4.6M for this year and next year so he isn't a rental, and last season had: 24G / 23 A / 47 P. His best season was 31G / 27A / 58P.

I feel like he would really do well in the eastern conference... or just anywhere else but LA *cry laugh cry*. He's a pure sniper.

Feel free to add anyone else on with Toffoli because everyone seems to be available besides Kopitar and Doughty :help:
I think the Canes' 1st is off the table for any trade this season unless it is a homerun type player. They are trending in the wrong direction, have questionable goal tending, and need more than one top 6 forward in reality....they will be a lottery team. The Canes are more than willing to move one of their excess RHD, with Faulk and TVR being the most available. Pesce is probably also available, but for a high end talent. I don't know if they'd label Toffoli as meeting that threshold or not.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’m interested to know this answer also. Definitely interested in one of their young D prospects and that 1st.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think the Canes' 1st is off the table for any trade this season unless it is a homerun type player. They are trending in the wrong direction, have questionable goal tending, and need more than one top 6 forward in reality....they will be a lottery team. The Canes are more than willing to move one of their excess RHD, with Faulk and TVR being the most available. Pesce is probably also available, but for a high end talent. I don't know if they'd label Toffoli as meeting that threshold or not.

Would the Canes consider going in on Jonathan Quick/Tyler Toffoli package?

It’s been a rough year for LA players but Quicks resume speaks for itself and he’s a clutch playoff performer

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Would the Canes consider going in on Jonathan Quick/Tyler Toffoli package?

It’s been a rough year for LA players but Quicks resume speaks for itself and he’s a clutch playoff performer
I'd rather Petersen, frankly. Quick is quickly breaking down (yes, intended) and seems unlikely to be a guy we could rely on during and especially after our rebuild.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd rather Petersen, frankly. Quick is quickly breaking down (yes, intended) and seems unlikely to be a guy we could rely on during and especially after our rebuild.

Quick’s always bounced back. With Canes D in front of him he’d be a good bet for a huge rebound.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Petersen is the future in LA, he's not going anywhere.
Totally understandable. He'd be the only goalie on the Kings that we'd consider, though. No point for the Canes to go after Quick as he just isn't likely to be performing up to his contract when we'd need him to be good.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Quick’s always bounced back. With Canes D in front of him he’d be a good bet for a huge rebound.
But for how long will he last? Canes aren't in a cup challenging position yet. Not really in a playoff challenging position, either. Unless you are giving him away, he would just cost more futures than he'd be worth to us. Calgary would be a better trade target for him, as he would be the "last piece" they'd need.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
But for how long will he last? Canes aren't in a cup challenging position yet. Not really in a playoff challenging position, either. Unless you are giving him away, he would just cost more futures than he'd be worth to us. Calgary would be a better trade target for him, as he would be the "last piece" they'd need.

As an Oilers/Kings fan Calgary is the last place I want to see Jonathan Quick

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I'm a fan of quick and think he has value since he's on a reasonable contract.

What are the Kings needs?

Would they want a goalie back? A backup?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think Toffoli falls into the "we'll trade you our underperforming 24-27 year-old making a lot of money for your underperforming 24-27 year-old making a lot of money". I know Kings fans want #1's and top prospects for every one of their players but it just isn't realistic. Carolina is a lottery team right now...why would they give up a 1st? Hard to see right now a match for the two teams unless it becomes a bigger deal something like Muzzin-Toffoli for Faulk-Staal.

Reactions: MinJaBen

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
I think Toffoli falls into the "we'll trade you our underperforming 24-27 year-old making a lot of money for your underperforming 24-27 year-old making a lot of money". I know Kings fans want #1's and top prospects for every one of their players but it just isn't realistic. Carolina is a lottery team right now...why would they give up a 1st? Hard to see right now a match for the two teams unless it becomes a bigger deal something like Muzzin-Toffoli for Faulk-Staal.

Kings are most likely going to rebuild. If the Hurricanes aren’t in a position to trade picks and/or prospects.... Kings will find someone else at the deadline who is. Tatar returned a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd. When he was traded he was at 12G and 10A. Heck, even Hartman got a 1st, 2nd, and a propect. Toffoli will return at least a 1st. Not sure if there will be a + on top of that, but that’s the going rate for top 6 wingers at the deadline. It also helps that Toffoli isn’t even a rental. Has got one more year after this season and $4.6M ain’t a bad cap hit.

Also why the hell would the Kings want Stall hahahaha. No thank you.

Reactions: go4hockey

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Kings are most likely going to rebuild. If the Hurricanes aren’t in a position to trade picks and/or prospects.... Kings will find someone else at the deadline who is. Tatar returned a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd. When he was traded he was at 12G and 10A. Heck, even Hartman got a 1st, 2nd, and a propect. Toffoli will return at least a 1st. Not sure if there will be a + on top of that, but that’s the going rate for top 6 wingers at the deadline. It also helps that Toffoli isn’t even a rental. Has got one more year after this season and $4.6M ain’t a bad cap hit.

Also why the hell would the Kings want Stall hahahaha. No thank you.

Why did they want Hagelin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad