Value of: Toffoli + Pearson to Montreal

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think at worst they’ll find some actual natural centres in the offseason, even if not top 6 quality and concede that Drouin is a winger. If that were to be the case, have a W core of Patches, Drouin, Galchenyuk and Gallagher would actually make W depth/top 6 quality one of the teams only strengths.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Montreal is going to have a real hard time fixing its C depth. They (the fans anyway) want a legitimate young top line guy with term, and they only want to give up pieces like picks, lesser prospects, and Pacioretty (UFA in 1 year, abysmal season) to make it happen.

Honestly loading up the wings to make up for their lack of C depth might not be the worst thing.

You might be able to do that if you weren't in a division with Matthews Bergeron Stamkos Barkov Eichel Duchene, hell even Larkin is better than anything Montreal has and that's just the top line guys.

Fact is for all the issues some of those teams have center isn't among them, and Montreal counters with Philip Danault that won't work the center depth must be fixed

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Montreal isn't unique, there are just isn't that many good centres available very UFA or even in trade. And Montreal doesn't have all that much available in trade. Montreal might try to develop a couple of young ones this year....but it looks like a non playoff team again.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
What would be the asking Price?

Galcheyuk +
Pacioretty +

????

Just think a package deal for these two could be a change for the Habs upfront plus the Kings fans were saying that the Kong’s could use a shake up too.

As a fan of all four players, Montreal has no interest.

Pearson is a 3LW, where we already have a young, very talented, much cheaper Lehkonen.

Toffoli would be our 1/2RW, and while I would love to have him on the team, he is a downgrade from Patches in terms of pure scoring value, and if we end up drafing 2, 3, or 4, we don't really need another winger.

The only way I would do a deal with LA for Toffoli and Pearson is if they took Alzner or Shaw, or both, which LA wouldn't do.

I also wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for anything but a 1C right now --- I still think that with new coaching, Chucky will find his game and become an elite 2C or 70 point winger.

Only player I am truly interested in from LA is Kopitar, but it just isn't feasible from either side. I don't think the Kings/Habs make good trading partners in terms of roster player swaps.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Just to be clear, if you got Toffoli AND Pearson back, you’d say no to moving Galchenyuk?

That’s... a unique perspective. Both Kings players are young and have scored goals in the mid-20’s for a team that’s not really much better offensively than the Habs.
I love Toffoli but I would rather Galchenyuk and Pearson is not enough to make me take it. I’d just rather take the chance with Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad