Toews an 8?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
An 8 is fine, he's a potential first line center. I wouldn't be against an 8.5 but let's not get carried away here.

hockey2

Sep 10, 2006
I would say 9, he is unbelivable...:yo:
He is the best player in college hockey, and started a year to early:amazed:
crazy

bullsville

May 13, 2006
8 is what I would've given him also. He doesn't have the upside of a Backstrom or Kessel.

Maybe,but only an 8,in a player who is the most ready(with Backstrom)for be an Nhl this year,has all the tools to be a star and put 40 points(or 39,22 goals and 17 assists i think)last year,with 17 years old in a very competitive league(WCHA)and dominate(and won)the World Championship with Canada.
And he was the youngest player in U.S. collegiate hockey...i dont know but this guy have 18 years,one less year than Kessel..and for a 18 years old hockey player,this career its very impressive.
And i dont know why the people say that Kessel has more upside than Toews...sincerelly i dont know...maybe they consider Toews a safe pick with zero potential...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
And i dont know why the people say that Kessel has more upside than Toews...sincerelly i dont know...maybe they consider Toews a safe pick with zero potential...

Maybe because they, like me, have watced the two of them play nearly every game of their seasons last year.

To say Kessel doesn't have as much upside would be saying something pretty ridiculouls.

Kessel has about as much, or more, upside as any single NHL prospect in the entire world.

reidy

@reidjjackson
Maybe,but only an 8,in a player who is the most ready(with Backstrom)for be an Nhl this year,has all the tools to be a star and put 40 points(or 39,22 goals and 17 assists i think)last year,with 17 years old in a very competitive league(WCHA)and dominate(and won)the World Championship with Canada.
And he was the youngest player in U.S. collegiate hockey...i dont know but this guy have 18 years,one less year than Kessel..and for a 18 years old hockey player,this career its very impressive.

He did not dominate the World Jr's last year. Please.

He's also not the most ready for the NHL this year. Certainly not more ready than Kessel was.

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004

Have you even seen both of them play? It is pretty obvious who has the most offensive capabilities.
Kessel has a great advantage with his speed and shot.

Toews is a safe pick and he has some offensive potential as well, but he brings many other elements besides that to the table

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad