Todd Richards Appreciation Thread

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Coach Richards...

Thanks for being a true Blue Jacket

You gave us everything you had

You stood there and answered the most difficult questions after every game with class

You represented the Blue Jacket organization on and off the ice with the highest standards

You took us to the playoffs for only the second time, and lead the Team to our first 2 playoff wins.

I do hate how it ended, but thank you for the good times, (and there were many)....and best to you in your future

BlueJacketFan4Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQGz9UoKOKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfT2jlkqtLI

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Richie, you were exactly the coach this club needed coming out of the lockout. You are excellent at coaching high-strung, young players and helping them develop. You won't be unemployed for long.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
HCTR has been class in everything he's done.

Agreed.

He was maybe the biggest part of forging an identity for this team -- something no other coach (not even Ken Hitchcock) was able to do before him. He found a way to make this team competitive and earn a lot of respect from around the league. In my opinion, the eventual failure of this season, culminating in his firing, would have never been possible without his successes. In such, the expectations were simply higher than they ever have been ... I think we owe a lot to Todd Richards, and I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
All of the above...Thanks Todd. You made my daughter a CBJ fan for life. Hockey is now her thing, in no small part due to your class and your quiet but firm drive to make the Jackets better - and to believe. Hitch may have given some hope, but you went beyond - we believed as did your players, and Game 4 was the ultimate display of belief. You provided an example of how it should be done. Wish it hadn't ended; wishing you and your family the best in every endeavor you undertake. Feels like losing a great friend today...sappy but true.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Todd Richards brought class and professionalism to his job and it showed until the unhappy ending. He produced a brand of hockey which was fun to watch and which produced the best results in CBJ history.

It's sad to think that his legacy as a CBJ coach took such a dramatically awful and completely unpredictable turn in a mere 2 1/2 weeks. The bulk of his work here is what I'll remember, as I hope will another NHL GM. I think TR will coach again in the NHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'll keep it all positive.

As mentioned before, Richards was all class. His even keeled demeanor was exactly what this team and organization needed after tyrant Arniel. He helped bright a team out of the slums and onto its feet. Unfortunately, he couldn't help us take more than a few steps forward, but considering what was here when he first arrived to now, that's a pretty big accomplishment. I wish him well in the future, best of luck Todd.

Nosedive

Apr 4, 2014
img_20150418_094700.jpg

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I remember being extremely apprehensive when he was first hired because of desperation reports out of Minnesota just before he was let go there, and worrying when he first became the interim.

Was very, very nice to be proven wrong. Three years' worth of crow isn't the most appetizing meal, but, hey, a competitive team makes it go down easier. :)

Thanks, TR. Good luck going forward.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Dear Todd,
I know you read this every day and care deeply what faceless people who know way less about hockey think about what you have or haven't done.
Your friend (even though we have never met),
Anonymous Internet Guy

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Richards is a class guy. He'll land on his feet. I hope that he enjoyed his time here. Wish the outcome could have been different because I think he really cares about this city. I hope we'll always remember that he coached this team to heights it had never seen before.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Thanks for helping this franchise take the next step...hopefully the guys in that lockerroom prove what you know they can do...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Dear Todd,
I know you read this every day and care deeply what faceless people who know way less about hockey think about what you have or haven't done.
Your friend (even though we have never met),
Anonymous Internet Guy

Yes. They also take our lineup suggestions, ponder our trade proposals and react when we ***** during a GDT.:shakehead

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
I loved his even-keel demeanor. Incredible composure as his run was filled with roller coaster ups and downs.

I had the pleasure of playing a round of golf w Todd the Summer after he took the head coach position. We had great conversation about Columbus, as a city, the current state of the NHL (players not respecting each other), dogs and family.

What sold me on HCTR was his competitive nature. We were playing in a charity scramble. On the 18th hole we were (-13) and had to wait on our approach shot, as the group in front of us was finishing the hole. After the round we were in the clubhouse and entered the score. We saw that the group in front of us finished at (-15) and looked at their scorecard. Todd turns to me and says..."They couldn't have had a birdie on 18, they missed the putt." He was 100% correct because I had watched them as well. Here is an NHL coach, playing in a charity golf tournament and 100% aware of his surroundings. We didn't say anything, but the situation said an awful lot about him.

I look forward to cheering Todd when he is in NWA.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I had the pleasure of playing a round of golf w Todd the Summer after he took the head coach position. We had great conversation about Columbus, as a city, the current state of the NHL (players not respecting each other), dogs and family.

Did he support dog marriage?

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Todd Richards is the type of person you would want in your organization. He will coach again, but I hope in someway he can be a Jacket for life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad