Tod McLlellan is in the final year of his contract.

Will this be Tod McLlelan's final season as the Kings Head coach?

• A. Affirmative Ghost Rider!

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • B. Negative! Negative Nancy!

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This is 100% percent supporting my argument and I'mnot sure you understand...

The Kings struggle developing players, full stop.

Vilardi is viewed by Winnipeg as a 2C, Kupari is a future 3C or higher as he's still 23 young with 2 NHL seasons under his belt. Iafallo is a roughly 0.5 PPG player that can fit in almost anywhere on the roster.

The Jets don't want to pay PLD 8.5 million a year.

You replace PLD with Vilardi the others are bonuses that combinef add up to 8.43 million for the next couple years. So Winnipegg got 3 players they think will be better for cheaper than what they gave up.

Winnipeg sees potential where the Kings don't, simple as that. Remains to be seen who is right I guess (would love the Kings to be right.)
Again, I like the Kings prospects pool a whole lot, I really don't like how they've developed under Blake, Todd, Sturm, etc.

The Kings took the known commodity in PLD because they felt Vilardi wouldn't be a healthy 2C and Kupari and Iafallo are expendable 3rd line fodder.

So yeah, this trade does actually make sense in the context of the Kings struggling with development and giving up assets for PLD.

So...if WPG views Vilardi as a 2nd line C......how did he get there? Shit....wasn't development clearly.....according to your loigc....if they view Kupari as a 3C...again, how did he get there, surely, no development....

Again, either WPG is right, or LA is right, when it comes to the futures.....if you think LA is right....then you clearly thing WPG is wrong and their front office is a f***ing mess.....or if you think WPG is right, then LA surely did something to help prop up the value of those players......which is it?

And yet the Kings played him instead of Copley for every playoff game.

I've seen your posts in other threads and you're better than this. Posts like this are beneath you are you are just trying to stir up drama.

Was never a big Korpisalo fan, so I think he's gonna fall flat on his face in Ottawa...sure they will win some games.......but you won't see him do much in the playoffs.

And yet the Kings played him instead of Copley for every playoff game.

I've seen your posts in other threads and you're better than this. Posts like this are beneath you are you are just trying to stir up drama.

That's kinda like saying.......hey this bowl full of dogshit, is clearly better than that bowl of dogshit.....I mean, when you are setting the bar at Copley.....goddamn that's a low bar.....

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Leave it alone, agree to disagree. Deactivate...William...Shatner...mode and walk away.

You seem to not understand a prospects potential and playing up to it.
The Kings having all these 1st and 2nd round prospects that have top 6 potential and all of them are becoming bottom 6 six players at best. That's bad development. It's not a good thing that Kupari, Kaliev, Grundstrom, Fagemo, Turcotte, and Byfield have all struggled to find roles in the top 6. Even Vilardi struggled and only played a handful of games playing like the 2C he was drafted to be.

These are players with top level skill sets that for some reason never put it together in the NHL. The Kings aren't that unlucky so it points at the issue being something else that sees these players struggle as soon as they get to LA/Ontario.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Leave it alone, agree to disagree. Deactivate...William...Shatner...mode and walk away.

You seem to not understand a prospects potential and playing up to it.
The Kings having all these 1st and 2nd round prospects that have top 6 potential and all of them are becoming bottom 6 six players at best. That's bad development. It's not a good thing that Kupari, Kaliev, Grundstrom, Fagemo, Turcotte, and Byfield have all struggled to find roles in the top 6. Even Vilardi struggled and only played a handful of games playing like the 2C he was drafted to be.

These are players with top level skill sets that for some reason never put it together in the NHL. The Kings aren't that unlucky so it points at the issue being something else that sees these players struggle as soon as they get to LA/Ontario.

Kupari was never going to be a top 6 player, not sure where you got that from, neither was Grundstrom....Kaliyev, absolutely, Turcotte, absolutely,...and Byfield is a top six player. Fagemo has played a total of 13 games......not sure why we are saying he's struggling....

Not sure if your expectations are real, when you wrap Kupari and Grundstrom into be top six players etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad